Beginners and Beyond

Countdown MonDAILIES (Read 30 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

You can harass me about the cold when you man up and run it! :P

Touche! I did run every single day outside between 2011-2012. Last winter was pretty brutal so I converted to the dreadmill. I'm able to run my paces, especially in Tempo runs or Intervals. There's also a legitimate risk of injury, especially this year where it's been very icy. Even though I don't like running inside nearly as much as outside, I'll stick through it because I'll see gains in my running and I won't fall on my ass.

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Scotty I am so jealous of your temperatures damn it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Last winter was pretty brutal so I converted to the dreadmill.

I don't even know how you open your front door in the crap you get in your area!

From the Internet.

Ah but alas, 40's are in the forecast by the end of the week.  Did you hear me? I SAID 40'S ARE IN THE FORECAST BY THE END OF THE WEEK! 

Woohoo, shorts weather!

Also off today, planning hit the treadmill for 2-3 tomorrow followed by weights (or maybe the other way around? Undecided.) We are supposed to get MORE SNOW tomorrow before the "warmer" weather later in the week. Not cool, Mother Nature!

StepbyStep-SH

Touche! I did run every single day outside between 2011-2012. Last winter was pretty brutal so I converted to the dreadmill. I'm able to run my paces, especially in Tempo runs or Intervals. There's also a legitimate risk of injury, especially this year where it's been very icy. Even though I don't like running inside nearly as much as outside, I'll stick through it because I'll see gains in my running and I won't fall on my ass.

I definitely get it. I'll be on the TM for anything that needs to hit a certain pace, like my 10-mile interval run later this week. And ice is no good. We were lucky not to get any yet - just a couple inches of snow, and it's been too cold for the melt/freeze cycle to make a mess of things. I guess that is the benefit to dropping below freezing and staying there.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm ready. I do all our shopping super early as so much has to be mailed and I don't like to rush. I do 99% of it on line, too. Much easier for me.

Rest day.

Watching the electrician doing $1500 worth of work on the house today. Our outside outlets kept throwing the gfi over the weekend. Turns out they have some corrosion so being replaced. Also having him bring the electrical panel to code and put the correct breaker in the heat pump unit. The current breaker in the heat pump is 40 amps when it says to not use one more than 35. the guyes that put in the unit were dumb asses so I'm not surprised.   The house is only 13 years old but things change Smile.

Marjorie

Yugo8

Still adjusting to running during lunch break, so 5 fast-fast miles done.  My goal is to streamline my daily routine to eventually (soon) be able to do more than that because I technically can schedule my day flexibly.  So, we'll see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Picking Trixie up at the vet.  Biopsy tomorrow.  I am losing hope of getting good news at this point. 

Damaris

Yugo8

Step:  Have a good cold, cold 7 miles

LRB:  Happy day off and excellent about the upcoming thaw

Scottydawg:  73 5Ks in this year!  Holy crap!  Unbelievable!  You seem like you are all kinds of fun to be around 

Baboon:  I hope your elbow-grease attack is a successful one.

Oski:  happy rest day

Pinktastic:  excellent about the longest run since injury.  Your treats sound mmmmm delicious.

Docket:  have a good 7 and wonderful that Trixie tried to run!

Kristin:  enjoy your rest day and hope your foot feels better

Brrrrr:  nice tempo run.  Enjoy your "warm" weather of high of 32

Lauren:  enjoy your rest day.  Also, one of my best friends is names "Lauren"!

MarjorieAnn:  happy rest day

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I don't have to wear  a tie at work, Baboon.  Thank goodness. I am just not a tie-wearing kinda guy.   I like the more 'relaxed" university  working atmosphere. The upper level folks wear the suits and ties, but for the rest of us it's business casual.

Wow, that sounds like a long day, Oski.   And do your grehounds wear doggie coats, sweaters, etc, when they go out?

Hope your Sweets Exchange went well, Sarah.  Sounds like your house is the place to be over the holidays!  What...why in person for the renewal?  Texas allows mail renewals.

Yeah, blue is the daily lows, Damaris.  You are welcome to visit any time you want to, and FreeSoul too.  And if you both visit together...even better!   Wishing the best for Trixie.  Try and stay positive.

How is the foot doing, Kristin?

New England?  For some reason, LRB - unknown even to me, lol - I thought you lived in Detroit area.

Andrew, you ever thought about moving to a warmer climate?  Like, in your case..Canada maybe? 

MORE snow and then warmer weather again. Sounds like you are going to eventually have some VERY slushy roads, Lauren!  Stay safe.

Good luck with the work on the house, Marjorie.  One thing you definitely want during cold season is electricity, so hope these workers are not 'dumb asses' like the ones you mentioned.

Happy lunch-time running, Yugo.  Wish I could run at lunch, but I'd have to take a 2-hour lunch cuz I sweat too darn much when I run and it takes me forever to cool down.  Boss gives me a lot of leeway now with my running, but 2-hour lunch might be pushing it a bit.  They were not all 5Ks, Yugo.  I had a few 10Ks and 5-milers thrown in there, a couple of 8Ks, and even one 7K...adding up to a total so far of 73 races for the year.  I have 2 more coming up before the end of the year.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I ran around our shipping tables for 11 minutes, hope that makes a mile........ this was supposed to be a rest day but I couldn't help it so 19 days of consecutive running for me so far... grrr my stupid bull-headed nature.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Pinktastic

Hope your Sweets Exchange went well, Sarah.  Sounds like your house is the place to be over the holidays!  What...why in person for the renewal?  Texas allows mail renewals.

Scotty, I've renewed online the last 2 times my license expired so they wouldn't let me renew online again.   They wanted to see me and make sure that I was me and that I had all the right paperwork to prove that I'm me.

On the positive side, the trip to the DMV only took 1 hour and 2 minutes in total and 20 minutes each way was drive time so I was in the car longer than I was standing in line.   :-)

Hope everyone is having a Pinktacular day!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty, I've renewed online the last 2 times my license expired so they wouldn't let me renew online again.   They wanted to see me and make sure that I was me and that I had all the right paperwork to prove that I'm me.

On the positive side, the trip to the DMV only took 1 hour and 2 minutes in total and 20 minutes each way was drive time so I was in the car longer than I was standing in line.   :-)

Hope everyone is having a Pinktacular day!

Wait till you get to be my age and then you can use the Disabled Line, which makes the line wait time even shorter.  Sad, but true, at my age you wait longer to go to the bathroom than wait in line....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

It's gonna be a big one peeps!

delicate flower

Chocolate and toffee covered pretzels were a good purchase.

<3