Beginners and Beyond

RR - The Peer Pressure 5k (debut) (Read 64 times)

Pinktastic

Way to go, Dave!   Never thought I'd see the day when you'd run a 5K and look at you pulling down an AG win!   You totally ROCK!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Just B.S.

Congrats. Great job on your first 5k.

B-Plus

Congrats Dave! Usually we work our way up in distance. Pretty soon you'll be a miler.

delicate flower

I am pretty sure I could improve on my 5k & 10k times with more speed training & more aggressive pacing, but I'm not sure I'm that interested in more racing this season.

Seeing how you've run one 5K and one 10K with little to no speedwork, you've got a lot of room to improve.  How much you can improve is hard to say at this point, but you've got a hell of a starting point.

Great job, Dave!

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats Dave, on your race and the 1st place AG.  If my local area races if the guy in an AG is also overall first Master's runner, than usually the RD will give him the overall master's award and someone else wins the AG award, so the race does not 'duplicate' awards and other folks have a chance at getting a medal too.  So maybe that's the way it worked for this race of yours.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Congrats Dave! Usually we work our way up in distance. Pretty soon you'll be a miler.

Ya know, that's a great idea!  There's one of those on July 4th.

Ya know, that's a great idea!  There's one of those on July 4th.

Here we go again.

Dave

LRB