Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Who needs one of these? (Read 44 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Pilates done.

Now to meet with crazy people. I mean, homeowners at the hoa meeting.

Marjorie

Hip Redux

Pilates done.

Now to meet with crazy people. I mean, homeowners at the hoa meeting.

Is crazy guy going to be there?

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

My "R" pace for 400's is 5:42, or a time of 1:25.  But that wasn't necessarily my goal today, my goal was to go out and run at what I thought was "R" pace effort, then analyze the numbers afterwards, which is why I wore the watch.

I didn't really care about my splits because I was not necessarily trying to run for a particular time, just even effort.  I was able to dial in on that towards the end, that it was a bit fast is okay.  They just ended up being a couple of long ass strides, my base can handle that.  ; )

Suitable explanation for me Smile  A little all-out running every once in a while probably won't make one spontaneously combust, contrary to my fears.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Had a nice trail run today in Garden of the Gods.  Easy relaxed pace for 90 minutes on hilly trails.  Used to be no such thing !

Ran in full sun at midday; it was about 90 today.  Celebrated afterwards with a bowl of elk chili and an India Pale recovery beverage.  Oh and buying 2 pair of my new favorite shoe.

Nice...that's a great sign of progress.  Also, what a nice place to just go for a regular run!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wow, 98F and 76DP made the intervals hard.  I wanted sub-2:00 and I did 1:54, 1:55, 1:59, 1:58, 1:57.  Not bad.

Damaris

Hello it's-only-warm-but-not-hot-anymore dailies:

Step - back to the drawing board sometimes is the best plan

Rick - names taken, no bubblegum chewed

Oski - good that nothing took a turn for the worse, even better that the interview went well

D - wow, nice job in hellish heat

Baboon - congrats on the great run.  I'm partial to Hanes tagless, but maybe those are worth a shot

Sarah - catty-whompus cuboid bone, yikes.  Glad they got that cleared up for you.

Basya - Slayer and Pantera as lullaby music, lol

B+ - good 1K's /// OMG SHOES, thanks enabler.

Burrn - 52, excellent

Scotty - "hot enough for ya" day turned out to not be.

Zelanie - enjoy the 6

Marjorie - yuck

MBC - at least he's not talking about your undies, right?

Ric-G - nice intervals

lilac - I read that as mojito

SIAR - mileage, nom nom nom

jjs - IPRB, carry on

7.6 with two sets of 5X(2:00 at guesstimated mile pace, 1:00 jog) separated by 10 minutes easy.

Way humbling to think that my fastest OMFG-I'm-Dying 2:00 repeats are still slower than Ryan Hall's MP.  Wowowow.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Jay...mind boggling stuff isn't it? Are you racing a mile sometime?

Jay...mind boggling stuff isn't it? Are you racing a mile sometime?

Maybe in August just for the heck of it... but the fast speedwork was preparation for Thursday's attempt at something foolhardy of the 5K variety Wink

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

You're trying to catch Scotty's race total for this aren't you? Ha. That'd be a killer kick to lay down, or a surefire way to hurt like hell for the last 2 miles? If that's the plan for mile two...you're a kind of crazy I can't help!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Is crazy guy going to be there?

He didn't show. So some people were disappointed they wanted drama. But having a pleasant meeting for once was nice. Since crazy guy has gotten in trouble twice now with the cops he needed to lay low. The harassing and veiled threat emails was one. This weekend it was trespassing on a neighbors property. So he didn't dare show. We had an undercover cop there just in case for safety.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Did they ever arrest him after he trespassed?

He didn't show. So some people were disappointed they wanted drama. But having a pleasant meeting for once was nice. Since crazy guy has gotten in trouble twice now with the cops he needed to lay low. The harassing and veiled threat emails was one. This weekend it was trespassing on a neighbors property. So he didn't dare show. We had an undercover cop there just in case for safety.

Damaris

LRB

Wassup crew!

It has been one busy ass day for me, so much so that I have barely been on the site for an hour today.  That shit ain't cool!

Regarding the Garmin talk it is a great training tool, whether you look at it a million times during an event or not at all.  We each have to find a balance with it but for me, it has allowed me to take my training to another level.  Now I want to go even higher while racing without it.

I am trying to get drunk so forgive me for no personals, there is some good stuff posted here today though.