Beginners and Beyond

Being a Thursday Penguin isn't easy (Read 23 times)

Bin Running

Get well soon, all injured penguins.. we need a healthy colony..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Everybody, feel better soon!

Ran my 6 on the TM as it was too hot for me today.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

First real run in two weeks today.  Not running for two weeks seems to have fixed my leg issue.  Yesterday I ran downhill for 2.5 miles on an old railroad grade after climbing up 1500' on a much rougher trail.  Very effortless, so I don't really count it as a first run.  Today was a loop on country roads and a bit of gravel.  Very hot and very windy, plus my pace was much too fast for someone who hasn't run for a while, so while the first three miles were good, I died at that point and ended up doing a walk/run back to the campground.  Still, it was fun since I ran into a dozen 8 week old German shepherd puppies at one house (plus concerned parent dogs who ran out to check me out), two osprey in a nest a little later, and a llama at another house.

Haven't had internet access for about 10 days, but we've had some great dayhikes, dodged the fires in central Washington, and managed a 54 mile/4 day backpack trip during that time.  Jim got hurt in a couple of falls (fell on his face, and his glasses took a chunk out of his nose and gave him concussion, then he fell and landed on his ribs, which are, at the least, bruised if not broken), so I'm not sure how much hiking we'll manage in the next few weeks, but hopefully we'll do some.

Hope all goes well with all of you. Jack and Mitch - sorry you're dealing with long term issues.  I hope that they heal soon.  Brilliant, hope your cold gets better soon.

Bin Running

Ginny, that sound serious for Jim.. Is he ok?

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

GinnyinPA

Mostly okay, but I think it shook him a bit.  Me too.