Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies - Let the thaw begin (Read 49 times)

LRB

LRB, and here I thought you were perfect

It should actually be refreshing as no two people on this entire planet agree on every.  Single.  Thing.  In life.  Therefore, if two such people ever met, they would likely be dead and in heaven!  lol

Hi dailies:

SIAR - good to see you, don't be a stranger.

Basya - any news on that missing boy?

Rick - I was thinking exactly the same thing about the daylight!  At least the days of both going and coming in pitch dark are almost over for another year.

Baboon - nice pace

D^2 - have fun on that ice, and be careful

Lily - I remember the pics of that Quebec ice storm... scary.  Happy b-day to DS!

DaveP - not going stir crazy yet?

D - hope the migraine dissipates

Scotty - I'll take that dreary 57 degree rain off you hands in exchange for some Feels Like -33 wind from yesterday.  It's only a little stale.  Grats on 75!

Step - good luck on the next belt

Andrew - sorry about the loss of your grandmother

Zelanie - good speedwork to you

Kristin - just be sure to breathe air and not water Tongue

Yugo - sample contacts, good call

B+ - running trumps couch sitting

Marjorie - enjoy the rest

Hobbit - heat wave! nice hills

Free - Indian food talk just makes me hungry.

Tom - shorts weather

Beth - have a good workout

Lots of snow cleanup going on today down in the 'burbs.  Gonna put on the Yak Trax and try to do some non-sluggish miles.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Are you out of your mind? Butter chicken, tandoori chicken, lentil soup, naan bread, jasmine rice and all the other stuff that I cannot pronounce but is so yummy... mmm... I don't lick my fingers ever, but for Indian food, I will. 

Yum.  There are also no Indian restaurants close to me either.  Thanks for making me hungry.

Damaris

I am now craving a big bowl of aloo matar and rice with some masala chai.  All the reasonably priced Indian restaurants are on the other side of the city. 

Yugo18

I can smell curry just talking about it, pleh.

You may be pleased to know that I eat curry every day.  Curried vegetables form a base for any lunch I eat these days.  Mmmmm, turmeric and cumin and... mmmmmm.

Going to an Indian restaurant is me being like a kid in a candy store.  I love it so much,

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Anybody hear or try bananas and eggs together to  make pancakes?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hip Redux

There's a GF "pancake" recipe that's along the same lines.   I can see if I can dig up the recipe if you're looking for one.

LRB

You may be pleased to know that I eat curry every day.  Curried vegetables form a base for any lunch I eat these days.  Mmmmm, turmeric and cumin and... mmmmmm.

Going to an Indian restaurant is me being like a kid in a candy store.  I love it so much,

No offense but I cannot stand the smell of curry in vast amounts.

There is a curried dish I get from a Thai restaurant however, and another from a Chinese one that you hardly even know any is in there.

I guess for me, curry is like bell peppers (the green ones).  Growing up we seemingly ate them every night in one dish or another so by the time I became an adult I was sick of them.

StepbyStep-SH

There's a GF "pancake" recipe that's along the same lines.   I can see if I can dig up the recipe if you're looking for one.

I think I tried that one - tasted like you would expect: eggy bananas. DS didn't like them and I wasn't in that much need of pancakes to make it worth it.

I would love to try Indian food! I've only had it once, and while there is one Indian place in the area, it is 25 minutes away and I would probably have to go by myself. DH isn't the world's most adventurous eater. Though maybe I could get DS to try it sometime when DH is gone! My 7-year-old is more willing to try new things than his father is. Smile

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Scramble the eggs on the side and add some sliced bananas to the pancakes after you pour them on the griddle.  Honestly, you do not even need syrup!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No offense but I cannot stand the smell of curry in vast amounts.

There is a curried dish I get from a Thai restaurant however, and another from a Chinese one that you hardly even know any is in there.

I guess for me, curry is like bell peppers (the green ones).  Growing up we seemingly ate them every night in one dish or another so by the time I became an adult I was sick of them.

You don't like bell peppers? 

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

You don't like bell peppers? 

Bell peppers are a staple in our household. Red, green, yellow, orange ... any of them. Raw in salads or for munching, and chopped and sauteed in practically everything.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Red, yellow and orange are fine, green I have eaten two lifetimes worth!

10.44 miles of running, not snow jogging, done Smile

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I think I would rather make Sweet Potato pancakes, those are delicious, no syrup needed either Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)