Beginners and Beyond

Sleep Habits: Do You Sleep With a Pillow or Without? (Read 89 times)

RSX

I sleep with 2. 1 is regular nothing special, and the other is a neck one I bought from my chiro's office. I have tendinitis in my neck. If I have any pain in that area depends on which pillow goes on top. I need some elevation because of reflux so 2 works for that also.

Stayed at a Sheraton earlier this week. They had fluffy pillows and I couldn't stand them.

happylily

Okay, okay... I'll confess: I sleep with a pillow for my head and one between my knees, pressed against my stomach. But I don't care which pillows they are. I sleep ok, but I always wake up "courbaturée", you know, achy all over? My mattress is 26 years old... First purchase SO and I made when we moved in together. And it's a cheap mattress from Ikea. Think it could be why I'm always sore?  I just don't like spending money on things like that. And I think I like to suffer needlessly. It's hardcore, no? 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Okay, okay... I'll confess: I sleep with a pillow for my head and one between my knees, pressed against my stomach. But I don't care which pillows they are. I sleep ok, but I always wake up "courbaturée", you know, achy all over? My mattress is 26 years old... First purchase SO and I made when we moved in together. And it's a cheap mattress from Ikea. Think it could be why I'm always sore?  I just don't like spending money on things like that. And I think I like to suffer needlessly. It's hardcore, no? 

Our mattress was bought the day before our wedding, so it's 20 years old. I am always achy but I never blamed it on the mattress, I assume it's because I'm old & I run too much. You are not quite as old but you run a lot more, so we're about even.

My wife just read something about how you're supposed to replace your mattress every 8 years. Probably written by the American Mattress Manufacturers Association. Can't remember the reasoning, but probably because it becomes completely filled with dead skin flakes and dust mite poop.

Dave

Zelanie

Just one pillow for me, thanks.  If I'm out, and kind will do, but at home I have a down pillow.  I used to think DH and DD were high maintenance for traveling with their pillows, after reading this I know better.  But DD does like to have a pillow in her bed for every year she is old, and she's 16.

Out mattress is probably 15 years old?  It's a latex mattress, not memory foam, but the price was right.  It's seen better days, but there is always something I'd prefer to buy than another mattress when that one does the job.

RSX

Sounds hot. Sorry couldn't resist.

Get a new mattress. 20 years is considered old. We broke down and bought one last year from Ikea. We don't like spending $ on anything.

Jay, does Si even like you?  I usually have one cat on my armpit, one on my feet, one on my head, and one near me.

Oh yes, he'll cuddle up to sleep if it's cold, and crawl under the blankets when it's frigid.  But always, he wants to guard his pet human.