Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES (Read 272 times)

How's everyone doing!

Ran 3.5 in the park today since I'm on vacation, Monday is usually a rest day, but like to hit 1,000 miles before the year ends.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

OK, 5 miles done with 2x 1 mile intervals at about 3K pace. My fastest training 5 mile run by a good deal (8:36 overall pace). I'm finally getting the pace right on the longer intervals. Now, I need to perfect this a couple ot times and then raise the stakes to 3x 1 mile.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Purple Toes

Afternoon Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear the news about Suzilea. I haven't been around long so I never got the chance to know her or her story.  It's obvious she made a wonderful impression on all who knew her and she will be sorely missed.

Unseasonably warm weather had me stripping off layers during my run today. I managed 5 Garminless miles. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get in a short run and then some core work.

Robert31320

Running for TJ

3.55 miles done for Suzie.  Rest peacefully my friend.

Having fun running.  No pace goals, no race goals, no schedule, just doing it. 

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Oh crap. I almost forgot about my streak. I still need to go run around the block later.
            RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Keep on streakin', Flippy!

I'm not in the competition but I'm at 8 days myself. Smile

runmomto3boys

I don't think anyone was suggesting that it was intentional.

Oh, gosh, no: just a coincidence, no doubt.

Sarah: That's so awesome!  I had no idea just what a hockey buff you are!  Chicks who play hockey rule!  I love that!!!  Thanks for sharing!  Way to knock out the 10!!  I'm sure you will be just fine w/your 13+!  You've got this!

SIAR: That's interesting your point about seeing gains when you run consecutive days.  My mileage is only increasing a hair, but I'm running 7 days a week now and planning on it.  I hope that holds true for me too.  I'm glad you mentioned that! 

Flippy: Kick butt on that streak!  You go, girl!!!

c0derunner

5 miles done.

Upcoming races: Detroit Free Press HM 10/19

RIP suzilea

SIAR & RMTB - Your discussion of running everyday is very timely, as I'm just starting to do that myself. I'll take a day off if I need to, but generally my base building plan is to run everyday until I start a Hudson "plan" at the end of January. I hope I will build some strength.

I ran 39.3 miles last week - I'll take it since I was away.

AM - 3.2 @ 9:29

PM - 7.5 @ 8:05 w/ 6 strides

workinprogress11

SRD for me.  I did about 1/2 hour of P90X with my hubby on our hardwood floor and my foot wouldn't stop cramping until I put on my running shoes.  I wonder what's up with that??

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Got my mile in tonight. That makes day 13.
                        RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

13 will get you 20.

Well, 13+7 will get you 20...

Good deal, Flippy.

Mmmmm...beer

Pink, that's the key to my running, I have to get out the door before my body wakes up and realizes what I'm doing. lol

-Dave

2014 Goals | sub-19 5k done! | sub-40 10k | sub-1:25 HM | BQ done! | sub-3 M

runTDC

Late post, but 3 easy miles on the TM.