Beginners and Beyond

HELLO!? Where are the dailies! (Read 52 times)

delicate flower

Sorry...I come to attention any time you walk in the room...   

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.4 for me today.

Marjorie

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Basya, the weather all week in San Antonio is going to be like it was yesterday.  I don't normally run on Wednesdays but the Zoo Fun Run 2 Miler starts tonight for the season.  It is put on at 6:30 PM every Wed from April to the last weekend in October.  It is a free run but everyone usually contributes a minimum amount, from $1 to $5 and at the end of the season the money is donated to the Zoo's animal welfare fund, which helps pay for vet service, etc. for the zoo animals. Last year the total donated was over $2,000.  Not bad for a weekly fun run!  With this weather I might just have to go do the run tonite. The 2 miles is done on really nice trails in the park that is adjacent to the zoo.

Rocky and you really get a workout, FreeSoul, with 2-a-days! 

I bet when you run, LRB, the ladies who see you don't even notice what you're wearing...they're observing...ummm...other things....

Chilly but nice is good, DaveP, at least you get to go outside again finally.

Cruise intervals done at Tempo pace.  Wow, Andrew, I didn't even know they had cruises in North Dakota.  Heck, I didn't even know they had enough water up there for a cruise.     70 degrees, wow!  Enjoy your one day of North Dakota summer in April!

Lauren is getting speedy!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dang, I missed page two....it's hell getting old...

Good luck with the long run Jay.

Team 5K?  Do you all run together as a team?  Like Army guys running in formation?  Or is it just run like hell individually and then count up all the points earned post-race?  Either way...good luck slymoon.

Tom do you know The Learned Foot from the RW forums aka Jenny?  I think she also has a blog called the learned foot.  Really nice lady, cancer survivor, heckuva runner.  If I remember correctly, she lives in the Cleveland area.  You should give her a shout-out, I bet you two would enjoy doing a run or two together.  Tell her the ole Scottydog sent you.

Hope your meeting is not too boring, Ric.

Good luck with the interview, Andrew!

Good luck with the hill prep, outoftheblue.  Maybe you should get one of those doc stethescopes to give the eggs a listen.

4:45 in the a.m., uggg, Jack.  Don't remind me...I will be doing that soon enough when the REAL summer gets here in July and August...with 100+ summer temps, morning running is a must.

Good luck with the 10.4, Marjorie. Hope your computer issues have resolved.  Dang Microsoft.  Since they are 'dumping' Windows XP, Gail and I had to take our computer in to get some new software, etc, put on it.  PITA.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Team 5K?  Do you all run together as a team?  Like Army guys running in formation?  Or is it just run like hell individually and then count up all the points earned post-race?  Either way...good luck slymoon.

Its the local Victory Over Violence 5k: (expecting 3500 runners)

There are normal individual awards O/A, A/G  etc...  but also  Team awards:

Largest Team
              Largest Youth Team
              Top Fundraising Team
              Fastest Team

Fastest team they count the fastest 5 runners on the team for an aggregate time.

http://www.vovfw.org/prizes-awards/

So basically, the plan is for some of us to run as a team hanging tight and then killing the last part see who wins.    (it wont be me, but I will damn sure try)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Scotty I can log in now. But today the patient documentation is messed up. So much for testing the upgrade.

Marjorie

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Tom do you know The Learned Foot from the RW forums aka Jenny?  I think she also has a blog called the learned foot.  Really nice lady, cancer survivor, heckuva runner.  If I remember correctly, she lives in the Cleveland area.  You should give her a shout-out, I bet you two would enjoy doing a run or two together.  Tell her the ole Scottydog sent you.

I know her, Scotty! And as luck would have it, she, myself, and a couple of other folks will be getting together tomorrow for a nature walk / photo-shoot. I will give her your regards though! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

happylily

I was able to get 12 miles done while my mother stayed with my sister. She's doing well, going home again tomorrow. They sure don't keep us long in hospitals, around here. Maybe it's a good thing, with all the crap we can catch in those germ boxes.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was able to get 12 miles done while my mother stayed with my sister. She's doing well, going home again tomorrow. They sure don't keep us long in hospitals, around here. Maybe it's a good thing, with all the crap we can catch in those germ boxes.

How did the surgery go?

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky, Dorian and I got a 3 mile walk in this afternoon.... well Dorian had the luxury of being in the stroller though I am sure he would have loved to have been able to run amuck. So not a bad day, 9 mile run this morning and a 3 mile walk this afternoon - if all days could be this gorgeous (64 degrees and sunny).

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

20.66 done, first half slow, 2nd half near MP.  3 more days until taper madness!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

20.66 done, first half slow, 2nd half near MP.  3 more days until taper madness!

Nice!

6 miles with hubby done.

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Had to go up to DC for work the last couple days, between driving and working ended up with back to back 14 hour days, haven't done that in a while.  So there was no running for me.  Had a great 7 miler this evening tho, absolutely loving this weather!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

outoftheblue

I had to read that twice.  At first I thought it said "3 more days OF taper madness" and was alternatively impressed and dismayed that you did 20.66, just 3 days before your marathon.  Now i see.  Nice hard workout and enjoy the taper.

7.8 easy miles in the books for me.

Life is good.