Beginners and Beyond

Torturous Tuesdailies (Read 46 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I'm on the green Superfeet.

+1 on the green.  Yes they're stiff but they've kept PF in check for 2 years now.

I might have to try the Ghosts.  Don't tell my Adidas Boston's... don't want to hurt their feelings.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Half Crazy K 2.0

Non-Ghost fan here. I've tried them and find them clunky and heavy. My go to shoe is the Mizuno Wave Rider.

bluerun

Super B****

Non-Ghost fan here. I've tried them and find them clunky and heavy. My go to shoe is the Mizuno Wave Rider.

Ha, I used both for a while... but I just stopped buying the Rider after the 18, IDK why.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

Depends what you're used to...they feel light & fast compared to my Adrenalines. Even though they are pretty close to the same weight.

Dave

onemile

Depends what you're used to...they feel light & fast compared to my Adrenalines. Even though they are pretty close to the same weight.

It looks like the wave rider is the same weight as the ghost.  8.5 oz for a women's size 8.

I realize shoe choice is possibly the most highly specific thing in running, ever, but I really appreciate all the input. Blue, I know you've got pretty serious issues with keeping healthy, so your vote is very helpful.  And Dave, you get me on the flipping toe box issue.  This is why I cannot wear Nikes or Mizunos.  I have to get 4 sizes up for my toes to fit, then the rest of the shoe is weird.  And OFR, your knowledge of shoes is off the charts, so if you support the idea, Imma get some.

Ginny, I was checking those out too.  My concern was if they're too cushioned.  I'm so scared of overly squishy after that GT 2000 experience, but the fact you also didn't like the 2000s, but do like the Glycerins is something for me to keep in mind.

LRB and Italiana, I have a Confession: I like the Apothic red blend.  Please don't judge.  It's really bright, but I like it.  I actually had some last night.  However, the Apothic Inferno?  The one aged in whisky barrels?  OMG, no.  Vile.  Hated it with the heat of a thousand suns.  I will not ever buy gimmick wine again.  Lesson learned.  But I get my cheap wine from Trader Joe's, not Rite Aid, so at least I've got that going for me 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

But I get my cheap wine from Trader Joe's, not Rite Aid, so at least I've got that going for me 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

RunningOnSand

I realize shoe choice is possibly the most highly specific thing in running, ever, but I really appreciate all the input. Blue, I know you've got pretty serious issues with keeping healthy, so your vote is very helpful.  And Dave, you get me on the flipping toe box issue.  This is why I cannot wear Nikes or Mizunos.  I have to get 4 sizes up for my toes to fit, then the rest of the shoe is weird.  And OFR, your knowledge of shoes is off the charts, so if you support the idea, Imma get some.

Ginny, I was checking those out too.  My concern was if they're too cushioned.  I'm so scared of overly squishy after that GT 2000 experience, but the fact you also didn't like the 2000s, but do like the Glycerins is something for me to keep in mind.

LRB and Italiana, I have a Confession: I like the Apothic red blend.  Please don't judge.  It's really bright, but I like it.  I actually had some last night.  However, the Apothic Inferno?  The one aged in whisky barrels?  OMG, no.  Vile.  Hated it with the heat of a thousand suns.  I will not ever buy gimmick wine again.  Lesson learned.  But I get my cheap wine from Trader Joe's, not Rite Aid, so at least I've got that going for me 

+10000000000000