Beginners and Beyond

A List Of Inadvisable Ways To Run A Mile (Read 89 times)

Hip Redux

Linky

I think my favorite is:

The Burrito Mile: Rules for the burrito mile (also known as the "Chipotle challenge") appear to be less well codified than the rules for the beer mile. Some runners simply eat a burrito and then run a mile, which sounds uncomfortable but not insane. For folks who have absolutely too much metabolism for their own good, here's another fun option: A runner must eat a specified number of burritos in a certain amount of time — the Internet can't seem to agree on whether it's three burritos or four, and whether they must be consumed in less than 25, 30 or 45 minutes. Then, the runner must run a 7:30 mile or an 8-minute mile. (Again, consensus is hard, especially when you're bloated.) Everyone seems to agree on one thing, though: If you throw up less than two hours after the race, you're disqualified.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Ugh. I guess it would depend on how large the burrito is. Still it would be uncomfortable, at the very least. I could see myself doing something like this when I was younger.

- Andrew

bluerun

Super B****

For serious. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Doing a burpee mile would take my stiff ass a day and a half!

Running a mile backwards though has some appeal to me for some stupid reason, probably because I have a bird for a brain.

Doing a burpee mile would take my stiff ass a day and a half!

A burrito mile would be very burpee.

Dave

The Eggnog mile:  not until the prize reaches 4 figures.  I feel nauseous just thinking about eggnog, let alone running with a half gallon of it downed. 

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

For some reason, this made me think of fartleks.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

One burrito, maybe.  Four burritos, shit.  Probably literally.

Damaris

Don't call me Buttercup!

People be crazy.

Also, a burpee mile would take me a week.  And the burrito mile.... who the hell are they going to hire to clean up all that puke?  *shudder*

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to!