Beginners and Beyond

I know better, but I'm doing it anyway... (Read 163 times)

My husband loves the Glycerines.  It's his racing shoe.  They are lighter than other Brooks (like the Ghost) and they are comfy.  He uses Brooks because of the toebox width as he cannot wear any other brand without the shoe feeling too tight.

The Glycerine 11 is a full ounce heavier than the Ghost 6 (the Glycerine 10 is almost 2 oz heavier). I switched back to the Ghosts because, for me, the Glycerine seemed a little stiffer in the forefoot area.  They are supposed to have a lot more cushioning though.

My wife absolutely loves the Glycerine, though.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

they might be heavier but because of their new lower they feel lighter than th Ghosts.

Damaris

outoftheblue

I've run in Glycerine 8 through 11.  I don't notice that much difference between the versions truth be told.   It's my workhorse training shoe.  I like the wide toe box, forefoot cushioning and durability.  I can get a lot of miles on them.  They are not light, however.  For HMs and shorter races, I switch to Nike Air Pegasus.

Life is good.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Here's another vote for Nike Pegasus (not on your list but aforementioned).  The most neutral shoe I know of. (especially the latest iterations)

I used to run in Asics Cumulus, but Asics tries too hard to change and I don't like that.  They can't stick with the shoe's namesake as well as Nike.....IMHO.....thus, once I went to Pegasus, it was a no-brainer.  In fact, if you can find Peg 30's (or even 29's) around you, you'll notice how "goldilocks" they are.  And they are probably the softest, most slipper-like Pegasus to date.

Not too tight

Not too loose

Not too stiff

Not too heavy

Not too light

They're literally that "just right" kind of shoe.

Randy

Robert31320

Team TJ

I tried the ones I was questioning and have decided to give the Brooks a go.

Yes, bluerun, I still like the Newtons.  I just find that my feet/heels are sore after a longer run so I want to try something softer.  It ain't easy being a big boy...Big grin

Many thanks to all of you that took time to offer a response, while not turning this into a shoe brand pissing contest!

Running for TJ because he can't.

Sloooow.

My three pairs of running shoes are all Brooks Glycerin 10's (two for treadmill, one for outside). I really like them, very cushioned and I need that as a member of the big girl club. Honestly, I have no clue about foot strike, so I can't offer suggestions with that.