Beginners and Beyond

World Run Day Penguin Weekend (Read 24 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's another HM, so he won't be missing his quest for 12 HMs in 12 months.  I am running with him.

I am actually happy we did not run in Orlando.  The rain is going to be relentless and my lungs are still congested.  It was for the best.

Damaris

Robert31320

Team TJ

I ran the Savannah RnR today.  My second fastest HM.  I had a great time running today.  I wore my Team TJ shirt which has his picture on the back.  I couldn't even begin to count the thumbs up, high fives, great jobs, pats on the back, etc. that I got today.  THAT is what makes these sore feet worth it all!

Running for TJ because he can't.

tracilynn

My friend is running that rainy half at Disney tonight. She's not too excited.

I just walked a mile. I was really tired at the end of my half today ...like mile 11.5 and on. I really need to train.  I want to run a whole one and not have to take walk breaks.  That is my next goal. I've gotta get my long run over 6 miles though ha.

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

Our timers had some timing issues with the chips. They are posting gun time as the "official" time, and saying it can't be adjusted, so 1:58:04 for me versus my Garmin time of 1:56:56 for 13.19 miles.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

STD (scheduled travel day) for us.  Sad

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Wound up doing 3.3 yesterday.  I felt nice and speedy so that was great, even though it was supposed to be a nice slow recovery run :-)  Ran the first part of it with DH and sent him off to do a "long run" (5 miles for him) with out me.

Today = rest or cross training.  Maybe a haircut as well.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Michelob Ultra 13.1 Ft. Lauderdale with hubby plus 2 miles back to the car done.  More miles and weights tonight.

Damaris

Zelanie

Congrats to the running penguin crew!  That sucks about the chips, though. 

I got home from Ikea and crashed.  DD stayed up and built an end table.  I have 6 planned for today, plus some work to do.

PADRunner

Congrats on your halfs traci, rob and mitch!
                    Safe travels Jerry.
                    Congrats to D and Mr.D

12 done for me this morning.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did a really nice inaugural 5K on Saturday.  Very hilly course!  Report and photos:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/ac19f90d09dc4a9e856ef4c5cf4a95b4#focus

On Sunday I figured I would go down to the San Antonio Riverwalk and do a nice easy run/walk of about 3 miles to let my legs recover from the hills on Saturday.   What a beautiful day in San Antonio for a run/walk!  I started at 8:30 am.    58 degrees, 'abundant' sunshine, dew-point 48, humidity 41 percent.   I felt so good and it was so nice out there I just kept going for a while.  I ended up with a run/walk of 60 minutes flat,  5.3 miles for me, longest I've done in a few months.   The weather was so nice that I had lots of company too.  Several runners, walker, and cyclists out there with me.  I also met:

• an elderly lady - well, not THAT elderly, , she is 72, so not that much older than me at 60, lol - -  walking her dog, so I stopped to give the dog a treat.  Seeing the shirt I was wearing, the lady told me the dog  had cancer too.  Awwww.   Caught pretty fast and currently being treated and his prognosis is good.   Such a sweet dog.  He sat for me on command, gently took a treat from my hand, and then gave me a big ole doggie-kiss, lol.  Hope I see them again sometime when I go back to the Riverwalk
                      • Two geese standing on top of a post at a house, 'honking' like crazy.  I stopped to look at them and they were back-to-back on top of this post, almost looking like they were 'sculpted' up there.  The house-owner was out in his yard and he told me sometimes on Sundays, when that part of the riverwalk is quite active in the morning with runners, walkers, etc. they get up there and 'honk' at everyone who passes by, like they are trying to give a warning, lol.  They were very funny.
                      • Another runner flying by me, one of his shoes untied.  I shouted out to him his lace was undone, but he had earbuds in both ears and didn't hear me.  Sure enough, about a few minutes later, his foot "caught" one of the laces, and he did a little 'mis-step" and went off right, into the grass for a few feet - luckily catching himself before he fell, because if he had fallen, h would've rolled right down the short bank there and smack into the river.   Which,  I can tell you from my own personal splash-down experience, it is not fun falling into the mucky water of this river!

I really need to carry my camera with me on these Riverwalk runs, you just never know what you are going to see! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

GinnyinPA

Jerry - Hope your travels went smoothly and that your stomach upset is gone. Must be hard returning to the deep freeze though.

Mitch - sorry about the timing issue - but you know what you did.  Was it a PR?

sapf - hope your RD was relaxing.  Did you get the haircut?

D - how did your lungs behave at your race?  Hope it went well.

Z - I hope you enjoyed your six this afternoon.

PAD - good job on the 12 this morning.

Scotty - sounds like a lovely long run for you this morning.  Did you stop at the Brewery afterwards?

AFM:  Beautiful cool (55) but sunny day here.  I ran 14 on the Chambersburg HM course.  It was a good run except for stomach upset/cramps at mile 8 after eating a couple of Chomps.  First time trying those, and it will probably be the last, except that I still have half the bag left.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Ginny, the place I found on yelp isn't open on Sundays so maybe this will be a tomorrow type of activity.  I am sick of paying NYC prices for haircuts ($80+ tip) so I'm going to give a new (substantially cheaper) place a try - if it is terrible at least hair grows back :-)

I should go downstairs and do at least 20 minutes on the elliptical.  I've been doing pretty well with sticking to the plan I've got written down but I often skip my cross training day.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

GinnyinPA

sapf - I understand about having a hard time doing the cross-training.  Aside from our daily walks, my rest days usually end up being rest days, though I always intend to go downstairs and put on a video or get on the stationary bike.  Trouble is, I hate the bike -- though it is easier to watch a movie with it than with the treadmill.  And if I'm going to get hot and sweaty, I'd rather be running than doing exercises to a video.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Well, got 20 minutes done on the elliptical at a slow pace while I played with an app on my phone.  I just hate exercising indoors.  I feel like it is a cop out if my cross training is "walking" because I have to walk my dog a few times a day as it is.  So if I count "walking" then I just don't do anything extra.  I'm glad that I got anything done at all.

I was just looking at the weather forecast for this coming week - AM snow on Friday?  Ugh...

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I was just looking at the weather forecast for this coming week - AM snow on Friday?  Ugh...

Wait what?! I see a warm week with highs in the 60s every day until Friday, which has a high of 46, low of 33 and sunny. I hope it doesn't snow!!!! Too early!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to