Beginners and Beyond

A simple truth (Read 79 times)

LRB

I was running around the track this morning when my heel almost landed on what looked to be a piece of rope, or perhaps a stick.  I wasn't exactly sure what it was but shrugged it off.   

As I made my way around I came to it again, only this time my foot almost landed dead square on what turned out to be a big fat juicy worm moving slowly across the surface.

We have all done this when running where you turn your foot just before it lands to avoid stepping in or on something that you initially didn't see and that is what I did.  I yelled a few choice words that I will not repeat but suffice it to say they mostly had to do with the worm getting the lead out. 

Now it clearly had my attention but the third time around I did not see the stupid thing. 

Hmm...

As I approached the spot where it was my fourth time around, I looked off to the right near the building and low and behold there it was...being eaten by a bird.  

When everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.  Race hard my friends.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

And maybe it was your exclamations that drew the birds attention.

In any case go faster! 

Mmmmm...beer

Everyone talks about how good it is to be the early bird, not so good if you're the early worm.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

I'm guessing the worm did not appreciate the harsh words you yelled in his direction, and now he is dead.

<3

happylily

I bet you now regret not being nicer to the worm...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I bet you now regret not being nicer to the worm...

That begs the question; where the hell are worms ever going anyway? 

happylily

They know that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

The bird beat  you to the post run recovery food.

You people have issues 

LRB

lol

happylily

The bird beat  you to the post run recovery food.

ewww...

LRB

Not a fan of Bear Grylls huh?  I actually watched him quite regularly until he plucked the eyeball out of a dead moose and ate it.  WTF?  There is moose meat lying there, eat that not the eyeball you sick ****!  lol

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Who knows, maybe he likes the feeling of balls in his mouth?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

They're looking for apples to go into, of course. 

Well, at least you had a worm. As I was finishing a run up a short run in front of my house, I saw my idiot cat, Peanut - cat has no sense at all - trying to catch something on top of one of the bushes on our garden.  Went over to investigate and found out it was....

YUK!

Luckily, it was only a garter snake, but even so....I picked up my silly cat and put him inside and  went to the garage to get a rake to move it but, dang...those things are speedy, it was long gone by the time I got back.  The next day when we let our cat out again, the first place the silly thing went was right back to the bush....

We have not seen the snake again since Sunday...probably a good thing....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

Who knows, maybe he likes the feeling of balls in his mouth?