Beginners and Beyond

5k RR (Read 51 times)

Hmm.  Better luck next time, B

B-Plus

Wow, I didn't expect so many replies to this dumb thread. Thanks everybody! Since I didn't train for this sucker, I didn't have any expectations so I'm not upset.

Beth - Thanks, it's a complete opposite of your RRs I guess.

O - The mile. I'd like to try that some day. I'll remember to use this race as a template. I may just buy that first photo LRB posted since I didn't do any of that touristy stuff.

Brrrrr - Thanks and congrats on your race as well.

Sly - You didn't you tell me it would suck?

Kiwi - That's what the B&B is all about … getting floater pics.

LRB - I found this to be a well organized event. Tons of portapotties at the start and the best thing is that they had hand washing stations outside with really soap. Some great post race fluids and food as well. I didn't like that it was 70 when I woke up, and while that may be almost freezing for D, I think that's the hottest I've ever raced in.

D2 - No bling.

Baboon - I was running about 1:30-1:31 half when I first cracked 20 in the 5k, so you'll get there.

Lily - Yes, you are racist. Only I'm allowed to call myself a shit-mix  You always seem to have something nice to say about my pictures. Maybe I'll post some more, and even non-running pics just to get your compliments  Thank you.

DR - I think 5ks just suck.

4o5 - Sorry to disappoint you by not having a booty chasing story. I did try to initially pace off a female though, but it was based purely on her shoes.

Jay - I'm gonna PM after this!