Beginners and Beyond

Time is Wasting on Tabescent Tuesdailies (Read 46 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

14.3 in the pouring rain.

Marjorie

Zelanie

Morning, dailies!  Taking a RD today.

Sarah- So happy that you're running again!  I don't know if it's paranoia or what, but I've become very nervous about running with my dogs since my knee injury.  I notice that I do a lot more twisting around to keep an eye on them while I'm running, and I can't imagine that's good for me at the moment.  Of course that's off-leash.  On leash might be a different story.  Zoe went with me for C25K, and I think it took about a week for her to figure out "trot" instead of "full speed ahead" when we were running on leash.

Phil- Sounds like a good PT session!  Funny that you were just about ready to go off restrictions altogether, but were nervous about the jump- looks like you will be building both strength and confidence at your sessions!

YAYpril - B-Plus

I'm having a bad day. And I'm grumpy. Probably related.

Good news is, Work RP wants to runch so we'll knock out a couple miles together in a little bit.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hope she does not cancel on you since it sounds like you need the run.

Good news is, Work RP wants to runch so we'll knock out a couple miles together in a little bit.

Damaris

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hope she does not cancel on you since it sounds like you need the run.

If she cancels I'm running anyway, LOL.

Jess runs for bacon

Lol, runch. I love that.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I had lunch with my husband before heading now for a 4-5 hour trial.  With a calzone on my tummy full of veggies and hot peppers, I am invincible!

Damaris

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good afternoon, daily peopleses!

Did a nice, easy 8 this morning on the river walk. Temperatures were cool, though very humid. A pretty nice run overall. I covered the route of the 10K that they're using as part of the Chattanooga Waterfront Triathlon scheduled in a couple of weeks. Since I'll be a running course sentry, I thought it would be helpful if I were fully familiar with the course.

There are stairs on the run! As you might guess, they slowed me down briefly. Smile

About to swap out the dishwasher. My dishwasher semi-failed the other day and kept draining while filling, which means that it didn't squirt water around like it's supposed to do. I was set to take it apart and see if I could troubleshoot. But, as luck would have it, I stopped by a friend's house yesterday to see how he was progressing on his kitchen rebuild. In his garage was a 6 or 7 year old dishwasher in excellent condition. He asked me if I wanted it, and I said yes. So now, I will be taking out my old crappy one and putting the replacement unit in its place.

That's all I have for the day! Have a good one, y'all!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The Dailies folks are up and about now.   They LIVE!  Bwaaaahaaaahaaaa  HA!  Big grin

Only a couple hours left for me now and then I am off the rest of the week, yay!  Looking forward to my run today.  The sun is shining, the dew point is low - below around here for a change - the high temp may not even reach into the 90s today, and a nice breeze is blowing.  I may go run at Lackland Air Force Base today,  I have not been out that way for a while, some very nice running out there.   Hopefully, I will not run into any of those sex-crazed Training Instructors there..maybe you've seen all that stuff on the news about Lackland and the Basic Training instructors, commonly known as T.I's (Training Instructors)......that's a pretty sad situation, them with the trainees....giving MY Air Force a bad name.. Cry...and then the T.I.'s out there that DO have integrity are getting a lot of fall-out from this...very sad all around, for them, for the victims, and for the current trainees.

Damaris, so sorry your asthma is bad today!  Take a complete rest day if you need it, better safe than sorry. If you do get out there, hope your miles go well!

Good luck with your workout, Basya!  Ever disciplined!

Enjoy the vacation, Oski!  Hope the movies are good for you.

Nice therapy session, Phil!  Heck, I can't  even jump on one leg - jumping hurts my back too much - and I'm not even in therapy.  Hope you do get to run outside tomorrow!

Well, that was what was funny, Lilac. It was not an abnormal time, it was 6:15 a.m. which is normally rush hour for us.  Weird that no one was out there.  Kinda spooky too.   Enjoy your rest day and the walk!

Way to go on your dog run/walk, Sarah!  Boxer/Shar Pei, that seems an odd combination.  So which part of your dog is Shar Pei and has all the wrinkles?   My shar pei dog part is my butt....all wrinkly!   Yeah, getting old is hell...now get THAT image out of your head. Joking

An obscene amount of sweat, but you got it done, Dave!  Congrats!

as she entered the building at about a 4:37 pace.  That's a pretty speedy secretary there, LRB, getting into the building that fast.  She must love her job!  Congrats on your run!  Sounds like you had some nice weather too.   Oh, and thanks so much, about the pullup bar post last night.   I went out and tried to do that...I was able to do 1/2 of one, lol.....the kids at the neighborhood park were falling down, they were laughing so hard.

Glad you got your tree fixed, April, without incident.   Good luck with your run later.

When I was out I saw this older gent marking a course.  OK, Andrew, umm, an old man...marking a course..I don't even want to know how he was marking it....  Wink  You sure he was doing it for the 10K?  Maybe he was just making sure he could find his way home again.  Yeah, it's hell getting old....Joking

If you dream about running, Kristin, then log your miles onto your pillow. Big grin  Good luck with your run later!

PT has me walking sideways on the treadmill with a band around my knees for 1 minute.  MBC, is the treadmill turned on while you do this?  Sounds kinda hazardous....especially for a klutz like me.   I don't think I'd better take my shoes off either.....my socks and feet would probably stink-bomb everybody out of the place.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dang, marjorie, it's STILL raining where you are?  You better start running with a life vest!

Enjoy your RD, Zelanie.

Hope you had a nice 'runch' April.

Nice run, Tom!  Stairs at a race, that should be interesting.  Nice find on the new dishwasher!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I had lunch with my husband before heading now for a 4-5 hour trial.  With a calzone on my tummy full of veggies and hot peppers, I am invincible!

veggies and hot peppers....I bet you blow the opposition away in court!  Joking

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

So when I mention that I'm poor at fueling, this is kinda what I mean:  10 miles today, at 12:30pm, without having had a bite to eat or drink since dinner yesterday.  I felt fine though, and that's precisely the problem.  I'd be a lot more motivated to be better if it seemed to impact me.  It'll catch up to me sooner or later though.  Last cycle I was doing a better job about it, so I guess I just need to get back on the horse.

Question:  Jay always mentions his FEW (future ex-wife)...is he being funny, or are they the most amicable divorcing couple ever?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I used to run 10 miles in the morning without food except dinner the night before until I fainted last month.

So, be careful, SIAR.

Damaris

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I used to run 10 miles in the morning without food except dinner the night before until I fainted last month.

So, be careful, SIAR.

I am not a dainty flower.  I do not faint.

ETA...okay fine, I suppose men faint too.  But it sounds very womanly.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

YAYpril - B-Plus

I did 2.1 with WRP. We ran 1.5 straight, then she wanted to walk, so we walked about half a mile, then I challenged her to run up the hill at the park. So we ran up and then she said "Ugghhh I feel like I'm going to puke" and I said "No you don't."

Then we walked half a mile back to the office. It was a good outing. More miles after work.

SIAR, I don't know a lot of the details but I think it's just amicable. I'm pretty sure she has a boyfriend. He said he'll set the story straight in the dailies today. I'm eagerly waiting for his arrival.