Beginners and Beyond

Whilst in Wednesdailies (Read 49 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

6.5 were the miles over lunch.  We've now had 15 consecutive days of rain, but it's looking like today may be the final day.  Yay!  Tonight is the trail series race - gonna be muddy and steamy in the cross country area.  I may just run this one as opposed to racing it, but I say that every time.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thanks for the advice, Damaris!  How much do you charge per hour?

I could actually hear my shorts and shirt flap against my skin they were so wet!  You won't have that problem, LRB, if you run nekkid. Wink  Running undies?  The running shorts liner is not sufficient?      I am slowly leaving my past self behind.  Well, I am losing some weight, so I am slowly leaving my self's behind past.. Big grin    I dunno, LRB, we have some pretty out-of-shape folks in San Antonio.  And LOTS of them too, with a population of 1.2 million.

Hobbit, just don't try to be a hot dog superstar.  I saw on the news some guy continued his winning streak -  I think this was in Chicago - as Hot Dog Eating Champion by downing SEVENTY hot dogs in 10 minutes.   GAAACK!  Dead

Pretty awesome weather here this morning. 55 and sunny with a light breeze.  Shaddup!  Wink  Nice weather, Andrew, glad someone is getting it!

Congrats on the continuous double-digits, Marjorie.

Dank, Oski, that is some hills!   Isn't there a Mount Washington race in New England somewhere and when you get to the top, the winds are blowing like crazy and the weather can be crazy cold, even in spring and summer? Supposed to be one nutso event!   I dunno..I'm such a klutz, I'd have to wear one of those low-altitude opening parachutes in case I ran off the edge, lol...I notice there was no safety fence along the sides there.    As for the mold....you coulda made penicillin, right?  Wink

MBC, glad it is doing what it is supposed to be doing and it does not hurt during activity.  Umm, Squeaky Wheel?  Why that?  Wow, that sucks about Delta tickets.   As if the frickin' airlines don't already make enough off of passengers..they can't give you a break for something beyond your control?  Call your local news and SQUEAK loudly, give Delta some bad publicity, I bet they cave...

RSX, you need to take a camera with you on one of your runs and post some photos of your scenic waterfront run...I bet it is really beautiful.

Congrats on your hot and hilly miles, outoftheblue!

Hopefully the humidity and dew point break in the near future  Yeah, good luck with that, Rondog...probably about October...

15 straight days of rain!  Send some our way, SIAR!  Good luck with your trail series event tonite!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

We're under a tornado warning until 5:30.  I guess I won't be going to the XC race, even if I wanted to!  (And the news just said a cell is heading right at my part of town... so...  I will be in the basement if you need me.)

Will run for scenery.

Does the course go counter-clocwise ?  Could be a PB opportunity.....

We're under a tornado warning until 5:30.  I guess I won't be going to the XC race, even if I wanted to! 

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Hip Redux

Does the course go counter-clocwise ?  Could be a PB opportunity.....

Yes.  But... no I'm not going. lol   Looks like touchdown about 5 miles from my house.  That's fun.

Marjorie, thanks for starting today's thread. Excellent 11.2.

Phil, wonderful double yesterday. Good luck with PT.

kristin10185, brava on the 5.6 yesterday. I hope that the stiffness, soreness, and spasms abate.

Damaris, have a sweet six-miler.

Rick, bravo on the muggy, nasty 6.8.

Brr, I'm glad that you had a pleasant six-miler.

Zelanie, fantastic four-miler.

MBC, give it to Delta good.

RSX, excellent 8.19. That sounds gorgeous.

outoftheblue, amazing job doing eight hilly miles in hot weather.

Rondog65, bravo on finishing 4.6 in muggy weather.

SIAR, sweet 6.5.

3.50 drizzly miles with the run club in 32:52. 9:24 pace. I can't tell whether I'm  damp because of the drizzle or the sweat. It is nasty outside:/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

6 miles done.  The weather was still horrible but no sun made it better, at least in part.

Damaris

YAYpril - B-Plus

10 hilly miles done. When you ignore the sun, heat, and humidity, it was a pretty good run.

Jess runs for bacon

Oh hai everyone! Too beat to go through previous posts, hope everyone is doing well. Just did a 5k, I wanted to die. 6 minutes off my PR. Cramped the first mile (I used to get these calf cramps all the time, I guess they are coming back) and just generally felt awful. BUT I was practicing the breathing technique in Budd Coates' new book, which is working well but the way, and guess who was at the end of the race and gave yours truly a little cheer Smile I know he is not a major celeb but let me tell you, dude is fast.

Hi dailies:

Marjorie - good morning/evening

Baboon - nice job on the double

Oski - Yikes, stay safe

Kristin - ugh, wise URD.  Hope you feel better.

D - good 6

Scotty - I'll skip the hot dog.  They're often the free food at post-race parties around here, and I turn green just thinking about them after running fast.  A pina colada might be an idea though.

Hobbit - that's an excellent weather descriptor, I may steal it.

jjs - so you're not into health food?

Brr - nice!

Zelanie -  I'd assume you'd need crampons to climb that part.  Wow.

MBC - give 'em hell

RSX - still no r-word, excellent

OOTB - I think Zelanie actually ran up a vertical cliff

SIAR - heh, good luck with that

Basya - yuck

April - good job on the sweaty 10

lilac - huge PR, congrats!

8 easy at the park after work, and then the sky turned weird and ominous so I fled to my car.  It may have blown over and it's now much cooler up here on the hill, so maybe a bit more after dinner.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Is that how it works?  I've been doing it wrong!

10 hilly miles done. When you ignore the sun, heat, and humidity, it was a pretty good run.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And Jay, great job (per my PM)!

Damaris

YAYpril - B-Plus

Is that how it works?  I've been doing it wrong!

Smile

Jess runs for bacon

No, no Jay. Six minutes slower than my PR. Holy crap I would be bouncing off the walls if I beat my PR by 6 minutes!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

My lower back is still really tight.... not sure what to do about it. If I wake up tomorrow morning and it still hurts I'm thinking yoga tomorrow night after work (yoga seems to work wonders on my body, and often makes any kinds of aches, pains and tightness feel better) and if that doesn't work may be due for a deep tissue massage and I can try to book that Friday night (my second line of defense when yoga doesn't work....I try to get one of these every other month or so).

Liliac- I have the calf cramping issue too. It used to be worse when I was a newer runner. Now it happens rarely, but when it does it is usually after I have had to cut back miles recently for whatever reason and start running regularly again (the issue came back both after my month off in January for ITBS and my very low mileage month in May) so I think it could be related to strength? Sometimes it also happens to me when I run faster than usual. I know you have had a major mileage cutback due to injury so maybe that is why?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to