Beginners and Beyond

HM SaturDailies (Read 15 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Well, the race didn't go as well as I had hoped, but in the end I will call the day a success.  I posted a race report on another forum.  If you'd like to read it, here's a link.

https://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/3faaf0bbf42c4c07b64be5c9cff52e75#focus

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, nonetheless!

I have 16.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Nice job, Fred!

I ran my 6.55 miler in 42:29 (6:26 pace).  5 OA and 3rd male.  Good run!  This is a two loop course and each loop has 175' of uphill in the first 1.5 miles, then the downhills are short and steep.  Tough course.  Lots of wind today too.  I was elbow to elbow with a guy for the first two miles, then he dropped and I ran the last 4.5 miles completely alone.  The closest finishers to me in the results are a minute ahead of and behind me.  My 10K split was 39:59, and on this course I am thrilled with that.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

Re: Boston, I've got two races in the last two weeks to use as predictors.  When I plug the 1:28:23 HM into the RA predictor, it gives me 3:06.  When I use the 42:29 quarter marathon, it gives me 3:09.  But when I use both races, it gives me 3:03.  Interesting.  Both predictor races were hilly, so it's a good comparison for Boston.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I will try again tomorrow. 5 miles and I can't breathe (I tried TM and outside). Too much spring and people cutting grass and pollen.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Re: Boston, I've got two races in the last two weeks to use as predictors.  When I plug the 1:23:28 HM into the RA predictor, it gives me 3:06.  When I use the 42:29 quarter marathon, it gives me 3:09.  But when I use both races, it gives me 3:03.  Interesting.  Both predictor races were hilly, so it's a good comparison for Boston.

Maybe start at 3:09 and see how you feel later?

Damaris

DavePNW

Baboon—awesomely done, smokin’ fast as always! Yer gonna crush it at Boston. 

Fred—tough day but well done to pull through. That RR was an emotional read.

Well, the race didn't go as well as I had hoped, but in the end I will call the day a success.  

+1 for my 10k. My Strava looks happy but I was kind of disappointed with my performance. I was shooting for 41:00 (6:35 avg) which would’ve been a PR. It became pretty clear from early on I wasn’t going to be able to hold that, so I started thinking 6:40ish would be OK. First 4 were 6:37-6:43. The course was not too bad, but there were a couple hills I definitely felt, and there enough wind I also definitely felt along one long stretch. I started to run out of gas and struggled to keep it under 6:50s—next two were both 6:48. Nothing left for a finishing kick, and finished at 42:13. Still, I was fortunate that no fast old guys showed up, so I won my AG. And with 3 weeks to Eugene, I’m probably at peak marathon fatigue. So all in all, I’ll take it.

Dave

DavePNW

Maybe start at 3:09 2:59 and see how you feel later?

This is the way. 

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Baboon - Great job on your race and congratulations on making the podium!

Dave - Congratulations on the AG and toughing it out even when you were tiring.

Damaris - Hope tomorrow works out better for you.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 miles plus strength training afterwards. More wind.

Fred, nice job on the HM in not great conditions.

Baboon,  I really hope the weather is good for Boston so you can crush it.

DavePNW, congrats on tthe AG win.

Docket, here at least they can;t cut the grass because the lawnmowers will sink in the mud. But so muchh pollen.

sdWhiskers

7 miles, probably my longest in a month   I have the Carlsbad 5000 tomorrow.  Historically known as "the fastest 5k", with records from years ago. They've kept the same course forever due to that but its always chaotic because the course crosses a high speed train track several times. There's always a heat where some runners are forced to stop, sometimes one of the elite heats. Meb joined the ownership group a few years ago and this year the course is finally different to avoid the tracks. Anyways,  I'll run it with Kid and there's a nonzero chance he legitimately beats me.

Good job Fred, Baboon and Dave! And hope tomorrow goes better Docket! You guys inspire me to keep at it.