Beginners and Beyond

Vancouver Eastside 10k (Read 60 times)

Mmmmm...beer

Great race B!  Crazy to set a 5k PR on the backside, you're an animal!  Congrats on the bling too!  I'm turning 40 this month and also not looking forward to the new AG, there are several 17min 5k Masters around here.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dang, that is fast. Really fast! Could you explain how you "de-sweat?"  That is something that could come in handy someday. Great run.

Yeah, I was wondering myself about that...it takes me about 2 hours post-race to stop sweating....

Congrats on your 10K and way to finish right behind Dylan's boy!   Dang, you are speedy!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Nice race B, glad you could nail your goal race.

1. What the deal getting there 1 hour before the race when you live 3 blocks away.  Be more of a slacker dude.

2. You must be serious now, I mean passing the University pace booty so early.  You could have PR'd the back end of the race and followed her longer - FAIL.

Seriously tho, is your 5k pr soft now?  I could not imagine running a 5k pr and then the same thing only 3 sec per mile slower back to back.  You note at the 7k mark you were feeling pretty good and thus I wonder if you have a sub 18 in your pocket?  Looks like the weather was good for this race also.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Nice race and very nice second half.

If I can figure out how to pull that juice out in the second half of any of my races I might be golden!

LRB

Seriously tho, is your 5k pr soft now?

If it wasn't it is now!

memememe76

Great Race Report! Congrats on the PR!

I live in the Lower Mainland area too (South of Fraser). I was planning to do the Surrey 10K, but that was cancelled due to lack of interest. I think the Eastside will be my 10K race for 2015.

B-Plus

Sorry for the late bump, but I was away, and also wanted to get some additional pictures up.

GPA - Thanks, but I've got nothing on Jay when it comes to reporting. Even less so about the racing part.

Jay - Thanks! Mustard-carrying men are scary.

OOB - Thanks!

Zelanie - There wasn't huge prize money, but this is no little race either. The male winner probably took home about $2,000 with all the bonuses and everything.

LRB & D2 - 5k PR is soft. It was run in summer, and it was also more of a rust-buster race. Sub-18:22 here I come!

Scotty - Thanks. I guess the sweat just dried off.

4o5 - That was some nice booty too!

Sly - The plan was for a slight negative split on the second half. It is a bit safe, and sometimes I feel like I need to take a chance and be a bit more aggressive. Pretty much everyone who went sub-35 did that, and many of them also ran the second half 1 minute slower.

meme - Sorry about the Surrey race. You should come out for this next time.

You can see my really messed up arm swing at the end of this 15-second video.

Finally, if you are so incline, you can check out my Marathon Photos here.

LRB

Less swing = more energy to run fast.

Love the Half

Excellent splits.  Now you need to go run a 5K to see what you can really do there.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

B-Plus

LRB - I think that's extra wind resistance, even though my arms are tiny.

LTH - Thanks. Unfortunately I don't see a 5k happening for me until the spring.