Beginners and Beyond

Two April Races - Can't Decide (Read 49 times)

LRB

I am definitely leaning towards doing both of them as easy runs...

Have you ever had chocolate graham crackers?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Have you ever had chocolate graham crackers?

..........yes.... why?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

..........yes.... why?

Because they are yummy and you need a theme for your next race.  lily and I are deciding deciding if if will be pie or not but since I am eating a chocolate graham cracker I thought I would ask about them too.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Because they are yummy and you need a theme for your next race.  lily and I are deciding deciding if if will be pie or not but since I am eating a chocolate graham cracker I thought I would ask about them too.

Lmao!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

happylily

LOL... Graham crackers are an easier snack to carry than pie, that's for sure. But pie is comforting... If FS has a case of the crazy nerves before a marathon (I can't see that happening, though....), pie will calm her down. Pie and wine. Or Sailor Jerry... Whatever it is that they drink in Indiana.

Andrea, pick the road race and race it hard. Trail races cannot be used to measure improvement. Plus, you can run trails every day if you want to.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

LOL... Graham crackers are an easier snack to carry than pie, that's for sure. But pie is comforting... If FS has a case of the crazy nerves before a marathon (I can't see that happening, though....), pie will calm her down. Pie and wine. Or Sailor Jerry... Whatever it is that they drink in Indiana.

Andrea, pick the road race and race it hard. Trail races cannot be used to measure improvement. Plus, you can run trails every day if you want to.

Jim Beam Red Stag Hardcore Cider dang it, or at least that is my stuff though I do enjoy the Sailor Jerry Rum but right  now I've been getting my kicks from some hard cider.

Yes, true I can run trails everyday but not these trails and I seriously doubt I will be up to racing a HM hard after a trail marathon just the month before Smile

I like the plan of running both, knock out two half marathons and get two other finisher's medals in one weekend

I can enjoy the road half pretty well.... depending on temperature, and then really, truly enjoy the trail race the next day with no real time goal and some walking if I feel like it 

PRs

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

If you do the Derby one, are you required to carry a saddle? 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

If you do the Derby one, are you required to carry a saddle? 

Lol, nope..

PRs