Beginners and Beyond

CrisRuns' Report on Return to Running, maybe a ray of hope for the currently injured (Read 284 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good news, Cris.  Congrats!

Damaris

Fingers crossed for you to stay healthy and happy and running, Cris.  Smile

RunJasonRun

Glad you're back!  Loved this post.

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

waterskimmer

Wow, a whole year of no running must have lasted forever!  I can only imagine that the other people on the path wondered why you were smiling like a maniac in such weather (let them wonder..... heh, heh).

Welcome back to the road!

CrisRuns

Hey 'skimmer! I agree with you on all counts. :-) But... why is your avi so tiny???

AutBatgirl

Congrats on being able to get back out there! I'm very happy for you!!

No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.

#artbydmcbride

Another running goddess back out around the lake!  Congratulations.  Smile

Runners run

GinnyinPA

I'm also coming back from injury.  I do understand your joy.  I've had to learn to take things a lot slower than I'd like, because in my head I can run 13 miles (my longest run preinjury) but my body starts hurting if I run more than 8 minutes at a time.  Still, I really enjoy those 8 minute segments. I look forward to running days and wish I could run more often than every other day.  I can't wait until I can go out and just run without having to take walk breaks or hurt afterwards. I think it will be a long time before I take running for granted. 

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

This is great news, Cris!  Very happy to read this.  Smile

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

It sounds perfect, Cris.  I hope you continue to run well and pain free!  This made me smile Smile

Running is dumb.

CrisRuns

I'm also coming back from injury.  I do understand your joy.  I've had to learn to take things a lot slower than I'd like, because in my head I can run 13 miles (my longest run preinjury) but my body starts hurting if I run more than 8 minutes at a time.  Still, I really enjoy those 8 minute segments. I look forward to running days and wish I could run more often than every other day.  I can't wait until I can go out and just run without having to take walk breaks or hurt afterwards. I think it will be a long time before I take running for granted. 

Good luck, Gimmy!

Thank you, everyone!

PragmaticRnnr

Fitness Jogger

Great news Cris!  Happy running!

Coastal

Thanks for posting your story.  It was a great way to start the day.

workinprogress11

Most excellent.