Beginners and Beyond

Bacon (Read 97 times)

#artbydmcbride

No please......

prgrsvimghttp://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4897655428286008&w=207&h=207&c=8&pid=3.1&qlt=90&rm=2

Runners run

catwhoorg

Labrat

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

SusanRachel

Nah, that little guy wouldn't even make a mouthful.

Yum!

My guilty pleasure is precooked bacon.  I get a big pack at Costco, and it keeps forever.  I take 3 or 4 pieces, put them on a plate with a paper towel in the microwave for 30 seconds, and it's instant bliss.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Will run for scenery.

There's a whole lotta things I miss about France.  But one of them is the salads.

(pause)

Yes.  The salads.  You can get a salad thete with awesome fresh garden greens and a serious butt-load of bacon.  Lardons are basically chunks of (cured, unsmoked, un-sugared, un-chemicalled) bacon meat.  They take a quarter pound or so and cook it in a pan until the fat is rendered out, and then pour the whole glorious shebang over the salad.  When you're done eating the greens and meat thete's still plenty of extra fat you can mop off the plate with bread.

I don't think anybody appreciates the awesomeness of pig fat like the French.  (But I do hope to make it to Poland some day...)

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

catwhoorg

Labrat

I don't think anybody appreciates the awesomeness of pig fat like the French.  (But I do hope to make it to Poland some day...)

The Germans give them a good run for their money. Normally wrapping said fat up in offal for the sausages though.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Hip Redux

Note made: go to France.

I was in Vienna during one crazy ass heat wave and I was so tired of meat and meat products that I went and found the one and only vegetarian restaurant in Vienna...and had a salad.   Goulash is not a food you want to eat when it's 110 out!

There's a whole lotta things I miss about France.  But one of them is the salads.

(pause)

Yes.  The salads.  You can get a salad thete with awesome fresh garden greens and a serious butt-load of bacon.  Lardons are basically chunks of (cured, unsmoked, un-sugared, un-chemicalled) bacon meat.  They take a quarter pound or so and cook it in a pan until the fat is rendered out, and then pour the whole glorious shebang over the salad.  When you're done eating the greens and meat thete's still plenty of extra fat you can mop off the plate with bread.