Beginners and Beyond

Wakie wakie it’s Wednesday Dailies (Read 17 times)

20 minute pool mix warm-up to stretch…. pardon my rambling….

The Good: Right ham/adductor feeling pretty good after the warmup. The Accotink loop is approximately 60 something percent dirt, with lots of a little tilt along the way, which irritates the ham/abductor….. however, running up the steep pitched bumps stretches out the ham/abductor so I’m really happy it feel pretty good right now.

The Uncomfortable:  Had gotten 3-4 twinge-cramps in the left bicep femoris during the run and it’s a bit sore this morning.  Thankfully it not in the exact spot where I tore it years ago

FIRST UP: The Army Ten Miler, October 8

In Washington it’s all about who you know, and I know my wife😀

She briefly work for The  Association of the Army, one of the sponsors, and she now has a small part-time gig with them …so I’m now registered.

I plan to survive by running down the middle of all the roads.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have an RD.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Daffy - I hope you can enjoy the race.

RD for me as well.  AQI is orange, but it's so cloudy I can't really tell whether there's smoke/haze in the air.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 with 4 x 600-ish + 4x200. It was raining,  so that seemed to improve the air quality.

Daffy, cool that you get to do the race.

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning!!  I swam 2800 yards before work, and rode 21 miles outside during my "lunch break."  Good bike workout...averaged 20.4 mph.

<3

DavePNW

My cold is definitely improving today. Does not seem to be developing into anything as bad as I feared. I am very grateful—I was starting to get a cough, and a little shortness of breath, which is often the lead-in to long term asthma symptoms. Yesterday I was pretty close to putting myself on Prednisone, which is usually the next step. But held off, and as of right now not feeling the need. Not quite at 100%—still a little sluggish on my 9 miler this morning, but better than the last couple days. I usually do a workout on Wed; I had enough reasons to blow that off today, but maybe will give it a go tomorrow.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Dave - good news on your cold.

Baboon - nice ride.

HCK - did you run that workout in the rain or on the TM?

Looks like I'm going to get a bit of a break with the humidity for my first marathon pace run tomorrow.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My cold is definitely improving today. Does not seem to be developing into anything as bad as I feared. I am very grateful—I was starting to get a cough, and a little shortness of breath, which is often the lead-in to long term asthma symptoms. Yesterday I was pretty close to putting myself on Prednisone, which is usually the next step. But held off, and as of right now not feeling the need. Not quite at 100%—still a little sluggish on my 9 miler this morning, but better than the last couple days. I usually do a workout on Wed; I had enough reasons to blow that off today, but maybe will give it a go tomorrow.

Glad to hear. I hate Prednisone but sometimes it's absolutely necessary. Glad you didn't and hoping you don't have to.

Damaris

DavePNW

Glad to hear. I hate Prednisone but sometimes it's absolutely necessary. Glad you didn't and hoping you don't have to.

It is a miracle drug though! My doc has been nice enough to give me a prescription when I didn’t need it, just to have on hand. Because he knows that I know when I need it, so it’s a waste of time for both of us to schedule an office visit for it.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We always have it on hand. Perks of being married to a doctor is that there is no shortage of prescriptions when needed!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Fred, I ran outside today. No thunder this morning.

DavePNW, any chance it's covid?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I lifted after work. I wasn't going to do anything today since my Achilles has been bugging me but it was just shoulder work so not involving the Achilles.

Damaris

DavePNW

DavePNW, any chance it's covid?

It’s possible! I haven’t tested. .

Dave