Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES: Follow My Lead (Read 39 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Right after LRB's cable is connected, there will probably be a power outage.  Joking

Sorry about your appointment, Basya.  I take it you never got seen?

Good luck with the tire, FreeSoul, and the new coffemaker.  I've got an old coffeemaker in my house too. It's called  "Gail." Big grin

Congrats on your miles, Marjorie!  All these miles you do, do you use the same route all the time?  If so, that must get awfully boring at times after a while.

Enjoy the beach, Ric! And don't lose the out-of-town folks.  Wink

Good luck with your weekend running, April!  You live near to RW HQ?  So do you just run there each month to pick up your issue of RW magazine?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Are you kidding?  We had Channels 2, 4, 7 and 9 (CBC) on VHF here, and channels 20, 50, 56, and 62 on UFH.  Who can forget this; "It's eight o 'clock, do you know what your children are watching?" lol and at midnight, all channels went snowy...not before playing the National Anthem of course.  Good times man, good times!

UPDATE: I do not have cable back as of yet, but they are coming between 12:00 and 2:00 which means that after six stinking days, four of which saw the Tigers make the Indians their bitch, I WILL HAVE MY CABLE BACK, YAY!

Yeah, and the remote for our parents to change the channel, adjust the volume, etc.,  was we kids!  "Scotty, get up and change it to Channel 2! OK, now turn the volume up a little....a little more...too much!  Down a little!  Now move the rabbit ears to the right..."  we were certainly not couch potatoes in our TV-watching days, lol, all that up-and-down! Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

I just wanted to say:

CABLE.

And of course they are not here yet....

YAYpril - B-Plus

And of course they are not here yet....

Why would they be? 12-2pm in cable speak is actually anywhere from noon to the third Wednesday in October.

LRB

Why would they be? 12-2pm in cable speak is actually anywhere from noon to the third Wednesday in October.

lol

I actually screwed up, it's from 2:00 to 4:00.  Felt silly when I called to see "why the $%&^ I don't have cable yet", oops.

Hip Redux

I think it if was raining any harder, it would have to be literal cats and dogs falling from the sky.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I think it if was raining any harder, it would have to be literal cats and dogs falling from the sky.

Cable?

Our weather has been crazy too. Last night it literally thundered (booming thunder) for an hour straight. Then it poured. Then it stopped. Then it poured again.

DavePNW

Actually I would expect them around the eleventeenth of Mayvember, at 15:70 in the aftermornight.

Dave

DavePNW

BTW, our big telecom move today was to enter the 21st century & finally ditch our landline. I will dearly miss the telemarketers & election-season robocalls.

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Right after LRB's cable is connected, there will probably be a power outage.  Joking

Congrats on your miles, Marjorie!  All these miles you do, do you use the same route all the time?  If so, that must get awfully boring at times after a while.

oh heavens no.  I have several different ways I can go and I what not so I mix it up all the time.  Then with all my travel I get to run in a lot of different areas so I can see many other things/run other places.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Word.

Cable?

Our weather has been crazy too. Last night it literally thundered (booming thunder) for an hour straight. Then it poured. Then it stopped. Then it poured again.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have not had a landline in 8 years.  Not sorry.

But...cable.

BTW, our big telecom move today was to enter the 21st century & finally ditch our landline. I will dearly miss the telemarketers & election-season robocalls.

Damaris

YAYpril - B-Plus

I have not had a landline in 8 years.  Not sorry.

But...cable.

Just about 8 years for me, too. I don't miss it. Even when we had one (we had DSL so we needed the landline) we kept the ringer off and the only calls we got were telemarketers. That and the one guy who called to wish his brother happy birthday and they hadn't spoken in awhile. That one made me a little sad, because he had the wrong number.

LRB

Okay everybody, looks like I am heading Downtown to Ford Field to see the Lions play the Jets.  So we'll drink there, okay?  Come thirsty!

PS, apparently, squirrels chewed the old CABLE line, so they are installing a new one in its place, so still no cAbLe yet.

What's a guy got to do to get CABLE around this joint, rah.

No cAbLe...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Do you at least have internet?  Because for years Comcast took my internet away for days.  Line was defective and/old.  Still the same line so we switched to AT&T.

And having no internet sucks!

Damaris