Beginners and Beyond

What are you doing this Thanksgiving Day ('cause srl wanted more threads) (Read 229 times)

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

I'm trying not to eat all the leftovers. Our TG meal was last night.

xor

Running.  Then headed to a hotel next to the airport for my 5a (tomorrow) flight.  I will likely eat thanksgiving dinner at dennys. Does that sound pathetic enough?

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Yes. Worse than the Furrs Cafeteria Thanksgiving meals I've eaten alone. Furrs>Denney's.

xor

My step mom was Mr Furr's secretary back in the very early 1960s.  For real.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

I remember my mom telling me that Furrs grocery store was closed because Mrs. Furr died. Sometime in the mid 60's. Yes, I'm old.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Wallowing in self pity.  It's 60 degrees outside in Wisconsin in November and I am stuck on the couch. 

Running is dumb.

runfoolery

Mandy, I've forgotten what's going on with you lately Sad are you dealing with an injury?

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Been dealing with a groin thing on and off since May.  I'm not running again until 2013.  This is rest day #18.  Not that I'm counting or anything.

Running is dumb.

runfoolery

Are you able to do any cardio with a groin injury? I would guess that swimming, biking, rowing, running, would all be affected...?  i'm so sorry, that sucks

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

As I am the resident Canadian, i have to work later. But I did manage to get 5 slow hill miles in. Bertha must die.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Yeah, no cardio at all.  I've been doing a lot of, um, strolling? around the dog park with my overactive dog.  And I'm headed out to do that again right now.  Hopefully the nice day and warm air will clear my head a bit.

I like this place already.  Approve  Hi Lori!

Running is dumb.

xor

It's nice here.  Kinda quiet sometimes.  This is not a bad thing.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Online shopping. I forgot about the online shopping. I'm done. 3 or 4 years ago I did the Black Friday thing. Never again. We live in the middle of THE main shopping zone for parts of 3 states. Leaving this sub-division is not fun for any major shopping holidays. I'm not going anywhere for the next few days.

runfoolery

I live across the street from a bed, Bath and Beyond. On black Friday they have 20% off everything, so it's a good day to stock up on drugs and various knick-knacks that I want to buy but don't want to spend the 20% off individual coupons getting. Of course, I have a glut of those coupons so I really should be more willing to use them, but for some reason I end up hoarding them.

BruceD555

Ran a 10k Thanksgiving race (Berbee Derby) and now I'm lounging around waiting for dinner. Planning on wrapping up the day with an easy 8-ish mile evening run after this crazy Thanksgiving heat wave subsides a bit.

Train smart ... race smarter.