Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES: Is It Friday Yet? (Read 45 times)

LRB

You guys who are baseball fans see this?  Frank Castillo 

I am too chicken to try anything like that, I have friends who swim in the ocean while on vacation which is just mind boggling to me!

Poor guy, hopefully there was not any foul play.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hi!

I was MIA for a few days but now I'm back. Summary of my last week:

Had a horrible LR on Sunday the 21st so running and I weren't friends.

Went away for a few days on Wednesday the 24th. Ran once while on vacation - 3.5 boardwalk miles in the rain.

Ran my second 20-miler on Saturday (20.1 actually) and got turned away at the spot where this happened 30 minutes before everything went up in smoke... I came up to that area around 9am and had to turn around (they wouldn't let me pass because they were trimming the trees) and climb 5 flights of stairs to get to a bridge to take a different way home. It happened at 9:30.

5 miles yesterday, 4 fartlek (hehe, fartlek) miles at lunch today.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ouch at the electrocution, April.  That happens here sometimes post hurricane.  Very sad.

and hi!!!

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

We're not even to Hump Day yet and you're already thinking of Friday?  Tough week at work this week?

Good luck with the intervals, Damaris.  Has all your water moved out now?

Nice on the pain-free 4, DaveP!

*yawn*  Now cut that out, Di!  I was up at 4:30 this morning to get ready for the gym then was out the door by 5 a.m. on my way.  I'm so ready to power-nap at my desk, lol, and yawning IS contagious. Joking

Sorry you overslept, Sarah.  I probably would not recommend miles later, anyway.  You're in Dallas area, right?  105 heat index predicted up your way for the after-work hours!

Oski, don't confuse me, I am quite confused enough all on my own.  Good luck with your miles later.  Yeah, that is so sad about Frank Castillo.

10M on a treadmill, sheesh, Phil!  You have a lot more patience than I do!  TM bore me, not to mention they also kick up my vertigo...but...when I got back from my run and went back into the Y, I noticed they have some new treadmills now. Cool ones.  There is a screen on each one and I was doing my cool-down exercises behind some of the folks on the mills, watching their screens.  You can watch TV or listen to music or - and I though this was cool - you can fix the screen to match your run.  So if you select 'hill run with screen" program, then as you run the screen gives you a virtual 'route" to see as you go along; you're seeing on the screen roads going up hills, past some scenery on the sides of the roads, scenic views ahead of you, etc.  One guy was doing 'trail run' and his screen-route was going through this forest, pretty cool.  I'll still never run on a TM, but at least these were pretty cool, seems like this would make it less boring.  Good luck to your DW tonite!

Happy 10, Jay.  There is a race for you in the middle of the week?

Congrats on your run, Andrew.  60ish?  Nice!

Congrats on your nice run, LRB!  And on getting to see hot biker chick.

Happy pilates later, Marjorie!

Wow, April, probably lucky for you that you did get turned away.  Poor worker. Feel for his family too.  Sorry about your horrible LR.  Some days are like that. You have to have amnesia about those days and just get back out there.  It will get better, usually does.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think so, but it was raining a morning so I am sure my complex will look Venetian when I get there.

Damaris

Zelanie

Howdy, dailies!  I'm on vacation in the land of plastic surgery and dogs in strollers. Smile  But it's also lovely weather for running, so I'm getting some good miles in, both running and walking.  This is good, because this is also the land of tasty ice cream bars and cinnamon rolls.  DD even came with me for the first part of my run today, so I did some run/walk with her.  She says she wants to come every morning while we're here, but we'll see.

Sarah- I read your post from yesterday- yikes!  Glad you can keep running, and I'm sure they will fix you right up with treatment.  My FIL has had some issues with a-fib, but is doing well now.  I'd imagine you'd do even better since you have the cardio system of a runner.

B-Plus

3 x 2 mi w/ .5 mi recoveries:

6:37, 6:38

6:34, 6:35

6:34, 6:35

11 miles total

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

GooooooooD Afternoon, Dailies!

4.5 in the books early this morning before work. I could get used to running pre-dawn in the mid 60s! Especially this time of year when it rarely gets below 75 in the wee hours of the morning. Oh well, I have to enjoy it while it lasts.

Yesterday was an SRD, and I probably won't run tomorrow morning since I have to be at the office at 0630 to teach a couple of classes. Thursday's a late start morning so I can squeeze in a few miles again at oh-dark-thirty!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Freaking long day again.   I'm glad I ran today.  Almost didn't but somehow I ended up with running cloths on this am so I had to run.  Plus I had brand new socks to try out!  Back from an hour of Pilates too.

I'm hoping my therapists now have the hang of this reporting stuff.  I'm sick of scrubbing the damn report and telling them how to fix it.  Way more than they are of having to do all the addendum's and corrections.  Maybe if they had to go through as many as I do they'd stop making mistakes.  but when they only have one or two it doesn't seem bad to them.  But if they saw the report of hundred and had to review every single case then they'd learn.....

Marjorie

StepbyStep-SH

Late checking in, but I did get a very enjoyable 11 miles in while DS was at summer school this morning. I didn't realize how humid it was, or how much I was sweating, until I got home and realized that my braid, which reaches more than halfway down my back, was soaked through top to bottom. Temps were in the 60s, so it didn't really feel bad.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Bit of a run fail today for me. I tried a quality workout and probably needed to have waited another day. I was hoping for 2x15 min at 6:10 pace, but just did one 15 min set at 6:07 pace. The pace was a lack of discipline, but the fatigue was there regardless. As it was, I got 10.29 miles in, so not a total loss.

Boo me.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Will run for scenery.

Just did the weekly downtown pub 5k run. Not a race, just a buttload of peple running the same loop at vaguely the same time.

I haven't been doing it much lately.  Tonight I just felt like doing something relaxing before my long run tomorrow.  It dawned on me halfway through that I was passing way more runners than were passing me.  Pretty cool.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

LRB

It dawned on me halfway through that I was kicking ass and taking names.  Pretty cool if I must say so myself.

FYP.

10.4 with 12x strides of various duration.  Cool, clear, calm and dry, what a great evening to run.  Several bats were overhead, catching dinner.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Man, my intervals were hard but they were done and on pace.  They felt harder than last week but I had my allergy shot today and that drains all my energy.  Meh.  Tomorrow I'll feel better.

Damaris