Beginners and Beyond

Diana Nyad video (Read 42 times)

Hip Redux

For those of you who were like me and couldn't find it on TV this afternoon!

Linky

A-maz-ing.

ETA - looks like the video has been removed Sad  This one is currently still working: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXSSLMV1yow

scissorbill

Thanks, the CNN coverage was abysmal.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Very happy she did it!

Damaris

happylily

Very inspirational. I admit that when it was announced that she was trying again, for the third or fourth time, I rolled my eyes and thought "Why again? Why not accept that she simply cannot do it..." But shame on me,  and I'm so glad that she proved me wrong. She believed in herself and she was damn right. Bravo!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

Thanks, the CNN coverage was abysmal.

It really was.

And it certainly does take some serious dedication to stick with a goal after 4 failed attempts, but boy, what a feat.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Yikes, she looked like the chick in that age old triathlon video that couldn't make it to the finish line from the 80's.  I was wondering if she would make those last few steps!

And, yes, Julie....shame on you.  Now go put yourself in a timeout. Big grin Wink

Randy

B-Plus

I've never heard of that, but wow, that's amazing. I know people are excited, but give her some space. She must feel worse that she looks after swimming all that way.

Mmmmm...beer

Wow, that's some serious dedication!  Barely made those last few steps, but she didn't give up, love it.

I'm guessing for it to be official she had to make it to dry land unassisted?  Seemed that way with people blocking the crowd to keep anyone from touching her.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Hip Redux

I'm guessing for it to be official she had to make it to dry land unassisted?  Seemed that way with people blocking the crowd to keep anyone from touching her.

That's what I figured as well.   It would have sucked if the swim didn't count because she got help in the last 3 feet!