Beginners and Beyond

Independence Dailies (Read 20 times)

DavePNW

Happy 4th!

As I’m getting ready to go out for my run around 6:45 this morning, DW asks “are you doing a race today?” She does not usually care about such things, but knows a bunch of them happen on July 4th. I honestly hadn’t been thinking about it, but now I was. So I checked my trusty RunningintheUSA.com to see if there was something I could jump into. The closest one was sold out. The next closest, ironically, had been cancelled due to low registration. The closest after that was about a 40 min drive, which would be pushing it, but I’d consider it. However the website described it as a manually timed “fun run,” so it sounded kind of sketchy. If I’m driving that distance for a 5k, I want it to be a real race. So I just went out and ran an easy 9.

Today is also DD’s birthday. We plan to go out shortly then she’s having a bunch of friends over. So DW & I will have to find something to do.

Dave

6… 4mi Accotink trail loop with 2mi of bumps and small hills added at the end

big test for right forefoot… I think it passed the test😀

Today was the right day to test as Thursday I travel to Maine to visit my sisters for the weekend. Just going to do little warmups when there as then only place to run is road; so basically five off days

Baboon

delicate flower

Hi fam!  MTB plans have been rained out.  It is dumping today.  We've already gotten 3" of rain since yesterday.  I've got two bike workouts on the schedule today and got one of them done.  I'll do the next one before dinner.

As I’m getting ready to go out for my run around 6:45 this morning, DW asks “are you doing a race today?” She does not usually care about such things, but knows a bunch of them happen on July 4th. I honestly hadn’t been thinking about it, but now I was. So I checked my trusty RunningintheUSA.com to see if there was something I could jump into. The closest one was sold out. The next closest, ironically, had been cancelled due to low registration. The closest after that was about a 40 min drive, which would be pushing it, but I’d consider it. However the website described it as a manually timed “fun run,” so it sounded kind of sketchy. If I’m driving that distance for a 5k, I want it to be a real race. So I just went out and ran an easy 9.

Come on, Dave...are you new at this?  I check the race calendar every time a midweek holiday is coming up.  I am glad I didn't sign up for anything today because I would have had to DNS.  Speaking of DNS, I've got an Olympic distance triathlon Saturday that I will have to DNS.  It's been deferred three times already so at this point I am just taking the DNS and letting it go.  If not for my hamstring, I would have switched to the swim-bike race option, but I've got no reason to push my luck right now.  Happy Birthday to your DD!

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I ran a 4-miler in hot, humid conditions and wilted after 2 miles, losing about a minute a mile in pace in the second half.  Still, my 34:17 was good for 296/1,078 OA and 8/48 in my age group, which is nice.  DS got a 4-mile PR with 29:38.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have 5 with 123321 and maybe weights.

Happy 4th!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran a 4-miler in hot, humid conditions and wilted after 2 miles, losing about a minute a mile in pace in the second half.  Still, my 34:17 was good for 296/1,078 OA and 8/48 in my age group, which is nice.  DS got a 4-mile PR with 29:38.

Great job!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 with 12 or 13x200. I hit the lap button after #12 or 13 and was pretty much done. Way too hot, I thought this would be the "easiest" of the workouts to do in heat. It's now raining again. We got dumped on last night, I haven't seen exact amounts, but between 2-5 additional inches. The fireworks in the town north of me were still held, with parking in a field. We've gotten several inches of rain in the lasat week, so I'm not sure who thought, yes, parking in a field should be fine. Lots of stuck vehilces. I think people watched from their cars, because there was never not lightning in the area all evening.

DavePNW, happy birthday to DD.

Fred, nice job on the race.

DavePNW

Nice job, Fred!

Come on, Dave...are you new at this?  I check the race calendar every time a midweek holiday is coming up.   

IK,R? Actually I thought we were going to be doing something else today that it turns out we’re not. And maybe it was for the best, after seeing the Strava posts from a couple friends who ran the sold out one. There was a ~200 ft climb in the first 3/4 mile, and a similar downhill at the end. F that.

Dave

sdWhiskers

8 miles with more elevation than normal. Beautiful sunny day here.

Heading to the Padres/Angels game. Ohtani on the mound!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I lifted after a trip to Ikea which should count as a separate workout since the walk was long AF.

Damaris