Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Everybody's doing it (Read 39 times)

LRB

Oh man that would be great if they have heaters. Because I am also going to be that guy sitting outside in the cold to actually watch baseball.

I do that as well, and as long as the team is winning or the game is close it is really not bad at all.  I obviously dress for the conditions though.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I think Rocky did really enjoy the cooler temps of 36 degrees during the run, I don't think he has been enjoying the 60's and 70's during last week.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Grape leaves, rice, fresh bread and garlic sauce for lunch.  So much garlic sauce in fact that bats were falling out of the sky as I walked to my car, oops!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I had soup, a slice of quiche, and a piece of mango cheesecake (half of the slice).  Yum to the yum.

Damaris

LRB

I had soup, a slice of quiche, and a piece of mango cheesecake (half of the slice).  Yum to the yum.

Mango cheesecake?  That's different.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

In what way?  It's very much prevalent and available down here.

Damaris

LRB

Speaking of Mango.  lol

LRB

In what way?  It's very much prevalent and available down here.

I have just never heard of it.  Apparently I need to get out more. 

StepbyStep-SH

Hello all!

As I ran on the TM this morning, watching some of the coverage of the Boston Marathon bombing anniversary, I was thinking about my friend who was about 100 meters from the finish when the first bomb blew. I hadn't seen her for a while, but knew she was planning to go back this year. After my run I saw a text message from her with a link to a story from the NY Times that she was in; unfortunately, she ended up with a pelvic stress fracture this spring and can't go. If you go to the link, Deb is the last one in the story. Thinking of her helped fuel my run this morning, too.

8 miles done with 4x10 minutes at HMP (8:13), with 2 minute recoveries. 8:50 overall pace for the run. It felt much stronger than I expected it to with the sinus junk I've had the last two days.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning!  8-11 miles tonight.

I am drinking coffee as I didn't sleep well last night.

Yeah...that will help you sleep tonite....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is my meeting day.  And who do you get to meet, Hobbit?

Congrats on your run, LRB, especially in those conditions.  Dang, you earned that hot chocolate!

Good Friday off, so today is your Hump Day, Andrew.  Hope your weather improves for you!

Marjorie, sounds like a good time to get a lot of 'honey do' stuff done by him...

Wow, Step, so sorry about your friend, glad she made it through okay last year, sad she can't go back this year, I'm sure it would mean a lot to her.  Wishing her a speedy recovery!

I had lean cuisine 3-cheese Ziti for lunch..I'm not as daring with my food as LRB and Damaris.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It is 94F right now. And 72 dewpoint. What's  next?  100F tomorrow?

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Scotty more like getting him to help do stuff he wouldn't usually help with. Most honey do things I do myself. I had more tools than he dI'd when we got married, just sayin. My dad was always big on DIY so I learned a lot. There are things I can't do that we hire out. And, well, dh and I trying to do things together never ends well. Not fighting but one of us nearly getting hurt badly. For growing up on a farm and having his own very handy dad and brothers he isn't the most handy.   Last night he got to shake the can of patch stuff I needed for the ceiling.

Marjorie

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

It is 94F right now. And 72 dewpoint. What's  next?  100F tomorrow?

It's okay Damaris...you look good when you 'glisten'   

B-Plus

Snow?!

10-11 miles