Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES. Meh. (Read 35 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You will, and you will also learn a ton about running and yourself while training for your first!

Lol, awesome.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What days do you do Pilates?

Two days a week depending on my available.  They are private classes so she is pretty flexible.  Now they will probably be Thursdays and Fridays.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You will, and you will also learn a ton about running and yourself while training for your first!

Word.

Pilates and 4 miles done.  In a rainstorm (what y'all call OMFG deluges).  If that does not show my mojo is back, nothing will.

Damaris

LRB

Two days a week depending on my available.  They are private classes so she is pretty flexible.  Now they will probably be Thursdays and Fridays.

So you run on those days too?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So you run on those days too?

Yes, I run 6 days a week.  At least one day of the workouts, I will run. This week, I run on both days I go.

Damaris

LRB

Yes, I run 6 days a week.  At least one day of the workouts, I will run. This week, I run on both days I go.

Yeah the importance of pure core work cannot be overstated for runners.  I need to add a second day myself somehow. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Pilates is not core, or at least not just core.  I worked my upper body today.  I don't think I need to do weights in addition to this.  If I could, I would add a third day.

Damaris

LRB

Pilates and 4 miles done.  In a rainstorm (what y'all call OMFG deluges).  If that does not show my mojo is back, nothing will.

So are you doing a 10 week MRT plan for Chicago?

LRB

Pilates is not core, or at least not just core.

No I was thinking out loud on that one.  My broken, stiff, unbalanced ass needs more core work than the law allows!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So are you doing a 10 week MRT plan for Chicago?

Yes, my coach did one for me.

Damaris

LRB

Yes, my coach did one for me.

Yeah I knew that but did not realize its length until today.  It might actually work better for you.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We did 15 for Chicago last year and it worked great then. He was going to do a 9 week one but compromised by giving me all easy miles this week.

Damaris

LRB

We did 15 for Chicago last year and it worked great then. He was going to do a 9 week one but compromised by giving me all easy miles this week.

I meant the 10 might be better for you all things considered (your surgery, Florida weather, your recent illness etc.) this year, not that the 15 was bad last year.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I agree. 

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Pilates is not core, or at least not just core.  I worked my upper body today.  I don't think I need to do weights in addition to this.  If I could, I would add a third day.

Told you!  It works everything.

Marjorie