Beginners and Beyond

Fickle Fridailies (Read 34 times)

sdWhiskers

Soda is the alternative caffeine delivery.

+1

Baboon

delicate flower

When I am at a conference center for a meeting, and muffins and scones are put out for a different meeting, I go ahead an help myself to said muffins and scones.  I thought I grabbed a chocolate chip scone though and it was actually a raisin.  Oh well.  I ate it.

<3

workinprogress11

Getting up early one day a week to run is hard. But if you get up early most mornings, it's a lot less hard.

I'm also not a coffee drinker. I'm usually out the door and half way through my run before I realize what's going on, lol   Setting out my clothes and everything I need for the run the night before is key. As well as planning my route and workout. That way there's no need for thought in the morning

That’s good advice. It’s what I do before races which always seem to be in the morning (I’d do a lot better if they were early evening) so I’ll just try to think of it like that.  I guess I should also try going to bed earlier than 1-2am.

DavePNW

When I am at a conference center for a meeting, and muffins and scones are put out for a different meeting, I go ahead an help myself to said muffins and scones.  I thought I grabbed a chocolate chip scone though and it was actually a raisin.  Oh well.  I ate it.

LOL, complaining about food that is not only free, but not even supposed to be for you.

As it stands, I forgot to bring a banana today, so I am beside myself. I had to have a freaking orange instead. An orange!!

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

LOL, complaining about food that is not only free, but not even supposed to be for you.

As it stands, I forgot to bring a banana today, so I am beside myself. I had to have a freaking orange instead. An orange!!

I ain't complaining...just stating facts.

The crew I am here with ordered out for lunch but I always pack my own (salmon, rice, and green beans today).  I can tell what they got is good because the grease is leaking through the bag.  Seriously like leaking through the bag.

<3

DavePNW

I always pack my own (salmon, rice, and green beans today).  

We are lunch twins today, except I have broccoli instead of green beans. The broccoli is good for overpowering the fish smell in the office microwave. That's how courteous I am.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm a morning person so it's not astronomically impossible for me, but if I'm getting up to work out with/without the intention to run afterward, I'll mix some pre-workout with water. That helps me get out and run for an hour or so after an hour in the gym.

If I am getting up and hitting the roads, I'll either sit around and argue with myself (cold weather) while having some coffee and scrolling instagram and strava hoping that the sight of others running and getting their shit taken care will get my ass out the door.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

People at work:  "Come get free cheesecake!"

Me:

People at work:  "It is pumpkin cheesecake!"

Me:

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Got the 235 today, seems I made a rookie mistake and plugged it in before turning it on thinking that it needed to be fully charged first. Now it won't even come on 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

Getting into MP again, which is.. blech, after ignoring it for a few months and fighting off a minor injury, lol. Did 10 with 5 MP, wasn't positive I'd have time for the full 10 by the time I got out the door so I did 4 EZ - 5 MP - 1 more jog at the end. I was cranky for the first couple of MP miles and it felt stupid and hard, but got into a groove after that and it was OK. Mid-high 7s, right where it should be.

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 miles. Workout was supposed to be 3@ HM pace, 1 easy, 2 @ 10k pace. Not happening. All were slower. Probably didn't help lots of traffic, so needed to slow down at a lot of intersections. May also have been the fact that it was near 70 degrees.

Apparently there is severe winter weather wherever the heck Garmin support is located. Chat help is not available, longer phone wait time than normal, so I used the e-mail option.

DavePNW

Getting into MP again

I'm pretty curious about how MP is going to feel. Or what it's actually going to be, for that matter. I don't have any MP miles scheduled till 4 weeks before the race.

Dave

DavePNW

Soda is the alternative caffeine delivery.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

DavePNW, I'm not a soda drinker, coffee all the way. DH prefers soda.

DavePNW

DavePNW, I'm not a soda drinker, coffee all the way. DH prefers soda.

I swore off soda years ago, and now it even sounds unappealing to me. But in general, seems like an inefficient source of caffeine, considering how much liquid volume as well as carbonation you need to take in with it.

I can't say whether I am addicted to coffee. I just know that I literally never, ever go a morning without it.

Dave