Beginners and Beyond

February Miles (Read 23 times)

onemile

DavePNW

March is typically my winter high month but there is something special about August and September and having that fall race on the calendar. Those are traditionally the months where I am killing it...or being killed. lol

On my list of highest months, #2 & #3 are August. The #1 is March - last year in preparation for Boston.

Dave

onemile

On my list of highest months, #2 & #3 are August. The #1 is March - last year in preparation for Boston.

out of my top 25 months, March has only appeared once (#11) but I usually don't run spring marathons

my highest is now Dec and that one is going to be tough to top. Hopefully I will do it in prep for Chicago

LRB

out of my top 25 months, March has only appeared once (#11) but I usually don't run spring marathons

my highest is now Dec and that one is going to be tough to top. Hopefully I will do it in prep for Chicago

Hmm, 347.5 in December which was 1 day short of 5 full weekends. August will have 5 full weekends this year but so much depends on timing and where one is on the schedule so it's tough to predict.

I set my highest monthly total by 6 miles last year (276) and had another that was 7 miles short of my previous best (263), but I still have a lot of room to climb.

LRB

Indeed. And good idea of having a monthly and weekly miles search saved. I hadn't thought about doing that.

onemile

Hmm, 347.5 in December which was 1 day short of 5 full weekends. August will have 5 full weekends this year but so much depends on timing and where one is on the schedule so it's tough to predict.

I set my highest monthly total by 6 miles last year (276) and had another that was 7 miles short of my previous best (263), but I still have a lot of room to climb.

I don't really care about the numbers as much as the fitness that goes with it. that's what I want to get back to

LRB

I don't really care about the numbers as much as the fitness that goes with it. that's what I want to get back to

Absolutely. The numbers are whatever they end up being.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I agree. Like this month is still not one of my best in numbers but compared to some 200+ I ran last year, I feel fitter (and better) this month even if I didn't run that much.

Damaris

onemile

I agree. Like this month is still not one of my best in numbers but compared to some 200+ I ran last year, I feel fitter (and better) this month even if I didn't run that much.

Actually what I meant was something entirely different... being able to run 300+ miles in a month (especially multiple months in a row) requires a certain fitness level and if I am hitting those numbers that means my training is going well and I am fit.  I have never felt fitter running less ... running less is usually a symptom of my running not going well physically or mentally (with the exception of post-race recovery)

Cyberic

Actually what I meant was something entirely different... being able to run 300+ miles in a month (especially multiple months in a row) requires a certain fitness level and if I am hitting those numbers that means my training is going well and I am fit.  I have never felt fitter running less ... running less is usually a symptom of my running not going well physically or mentally (with the exception of post-race recovery)

This. Other than last November and December when I was going for 6000 km in a year, the weekly number (or monthly) is never a target. I look at it the other way, as the quoted post explains. When I feel good I run. When I run, the numbers increase.

276 for me.

142.8??? Surprised, I thought it would be less.  Tiny bit more than December and January

RunningOnSand