Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's ValentinesDAILY (Read 22 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

9 indoor miles.  Got off to a fast start as there was a really good runner on the track inspiring us and keeping us on our toes to stay out of her way.  She was so fast and had perfect form.   Unfortunately, she finished after about 30 minutes and she was still whizzing by us on her cool down laps.    Feet are a little sore, but okay otherwise.  Hope we can do another LR before the HM in 2 weeks.  Time for a nap before our Valentine's dinner.

GinnyinPA

I did get to the Park, where the plows were still working to finish clearing the paths.  Because it was such a nice day, I did one loop in the park, then headed to the country roads surrounding the park.  I chose a partly new route, and found it wasn't the best choice, because there was a lot more traffic than expected and with the snowbanks along the road, there wasn't much room to get out of the way.  My feet got very wet.  Still, I enjoyed doing a seven mile loop and DH and Ben had a nice hour plus playing in the snow.  Then home to shower and change before heading out for an early Valentine's dinner out.  Seems a lot of people had the same idea.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hope you had a nice Vday dinner, Ginny.  We had a reservation for 5:00 and are home before 7.  It was really nice and we only had to go 2 miles.  We have the same problem with the roads being narrowed by the snow.  That's why we run inside.