Beginners and Beyond

New Year New Penguin Thursday (Read 20 times)

tracilynn

4.6 done on trails and some rolling hills.

It's a great start for 2015 

off to to eat some gumbo at my sisters then greens and black eyed peas later. My mother in law makes THEE BEST greens. They are the only greens I can eat.

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

N Bug I enjoyed your declaration!  High five

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

6 miles to complete the holiday streak at 147.5 miles.  Glad we waited for the warm up.  Now we have to decide about extending the streak hhhhmmmm?

Congrats StoneFence..

Jill.

Penguin Power!

6 miles to complete the holiday streak at 147.5 miles.  Glad we waited for the warm up.  Now we have to decide about extending the streak hhhhmmmm?

Jerry - I'm facing the same dilemma.  I'm leaning towards not extending it and rather re-focusing on being consistent with my strength work and yoga.  I have a half at the end of the month that I should probably take at least a couple of days off beforehand.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Ohhh, that party last night....

Happy New Year!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did my first race of 2015 this morning at 10 a.m. - The Cobweb Chaser 5K.  Will post the report and photos tomorrow, I am watching the Bowl games today.    My finish time for the 5K was 33:33...maybe that means I will have a nice, even year for 2015.    It is a bit cold here for we South Texans, we are not even going to make it out of the 30s until late Friday afternoon sometime! And this steady drizzling rain does not help much either.  At least, thankfully, there is no wind right now.  There was a bit of a wind for my 5K..the temp at start time was 37 with a 'feels like' temp of 32.  And only 3 days ago, on Monday we were in the 70s, sheesh.

Yeah, they had black-eyed peas after the race this morning, Traci.  Personally, I don't like them but Gail told me not to come home from the race if I did not bring her a cup of them.  Thankfully, I did remember to bring her some.

Congrats on the streak, Jerry!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on the 6, PAD!  I think even I could do a marathon over 5 days....but I'd STILL be slow!

Hope your miles went well, obiebyke!

Way to start the year, Robert!  Give my "Happy New Year" to TJ!

Good luck with the distance miles tonite, Damaris!  Watching the weather this morning and the Weather Channel forecasters had all the US states in 'colors', showing where the Polar Air was going to hit over the next few days...all the states, that is, EXCEPT Florida, it was the ONLY one left 'blank" and they reported Miami was getting 'spring-like' temps.   Spring-like, huh? I guess you better hydrate!

Hope your race went well, StoneFence!

Safe travel, sapf!   If you do continue the streak, good luck!

Sounds like 2015 is a whole new beginning for you, Vance!   Wishing you all the best for this year!   Nice to 'see' you again!

OK, I might just have to drop back to running 5 days/week.  OK, Lauren, this made me laugh...at MYSELF.  Because I'd been running FOUR days a week for what seems like forever and it was only towards the end of summer that I went up to 5 days a week.  I still got nowhere near the weekly mileage you do, though.   I think you will do great for your half.

Hope you had a great time, Zel, playing with the kids and dogs.

Congrats on the miles, Jack!  Yeah, crazy what you become accustomed to, isn't it?  This morning for me it was in the 30s, so I had on long pants, 2 upper base layers and one of my running shirts on top, lol.  "Real winter" people wold probably laugh their butts off at that....but when you've lived in Texas for 20 year (which I have) and the 'normal' temp at this time of year for is in the low 60s, a 30-degree drop in temp makes it quite chilly for us!

Your weather sounds like ours, Mitch!  A bit brisk for my 5K this morning!  Happy New Year!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jerry - I'm facing the same dilemma.  I'm leaning towards not extending it and rather re-focusing on being consistent with my strength work and yoga.  I have a half at the end of the month that I should probably take at least a couple of days off beforehand.

I'm starting to get some minor shin splints, so I might take a rest.  Funny that it goes away as I run.

Did you get that last mile in?

Congrats on race #1, Scotty.

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Glad to see many familiar faces!!

hog4life

Traci, eeww,  I hate greens. I continue to try them from time to time. People always say, they weren't cooked the right way. I've eaten them many times, but I still don't see the appeal for them.

on my way to badass

Traci, eeww,  I hate greens. I continue to try them from time to time. People always say, they weren't cooked the right way. I've eaten them many times, but I still don't see the appeal for them.

I think that is grounds for getting sent North to live with us Yankees.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Vance is back!

12.12 including 2 with hubby.

Damaris