Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #13 (Read 36 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

obviously, so you could fulfill your Miles game obligations

But seriously, glad you had fun with your GFs in that hot mess!

And I assume you are done signing up for FL races now??

I almost didn't wake up for the race and between that and my miles for the week (to be above 40) were a huge factor. At least I knew I could get some miles, have fun and if I was swept, so be it. If you followed my posts in FB I was given updates of the balloon ladies all the time and dared them to find me, lol. I was over the race by Mile 5, though, so the 2019 Docket would've quit there at the start (who the fuck passes the route by the start once again?) The new course was meh.

And yes, even hubby said no more Disneys, even that is too hot. lol.

Damaris

Runshortii

I ran 5. I would move here in a heartbeat except the heat and humidity completely makes my running suck.  

onemile I’m amazed he keeps up on LRs and doesn’t get injured

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

shortii, were you running Disney too? lol.

Damaris

From the Internet.

Meh more watch errors and fun! 8 miles with 6x5 min T-ish/~1 min recovery. Honest to god I'm just gonna bust out my 235 again for the next outdoor workout that I actually care about.

Pace/distance seemed OK until I got to the place where I usually have major GPS errors AGAIN. I have no idea if it's not really pulling data from Stryd or what the hell is happening, because my GPS trace was super fucked up after the fourth rep, right when the pace dropped and looked suspicious. No big deal, I thought, since it was time-based I just kept effort the same and figured I'd measure this rep after the fact, but then when I started my cooldown it told me I was still running ~6:50 pace - another major GPS error visible on the map here. I had to like, forensically reconstruct each individual segment to make sure I was actually running target pace (and I was, so that's great, but doesn't help me when I want real-time feedback DURING THE WORKOUT!!) and then also mapped out the whole thing after the fact in MapMyRun to figure out if distance was mega-fucked like yesterday or just a little bit off.

Roughly ~6:39 avg for the T segments, total distance in my log is a bit short but not SUPER far off. I'm annoyed when I should just be happy about crushing another workout and not even feeling it.

Have a support email in w/ Stryd for yesterday's issue already, and will have to calibrate this stupid thing on a track if I'm going to keep using it for pace and distance (but I don't think I can use the track during school hours?).

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Where Trails Are for Skating, Not Hiking

It’s a skater’s dream: icy forest mazes and long, winding paths through winter landscapes. In Quebec, Canada, the dream is real.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/13/travel/ice-skating-Quebec.html?action=click&module=Editors%20Picks&pgtype=Homepage

(might require a subscription)

Cy - have you done this (and I hope I have it right that you are in Quebec)? Sounds incredibly cool. When I used to make a backyard rink, I joked about making "skating trails" around the yard...I guess I just need to head to Quebec!

From the Internet.

UPDATE garmin support might have fixed my bad GPS, so we will see if that works tomorrow! Stryd issues might be another matter or maybe they are related in some odd way.

bluerun

Super B****

You've all been busy!!

I did four dives today -- apparently it's the first day in a week that the port is actually open. I have some luck with that since it seems to happen every single time I'm here. But, even though the port was open (as in, it's not unsafe, just unpleasant), a lot of people chose to cancel, which meant an emptier dive boat for me, so YAY!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

UPDATE garmin support might have fixed my bad GPS, so we will see if that works tomorrow! Stryd issues might be another matter or maybe they are related in some odd way.

Good to know--I've been wondering if my Stryd has been the thing that has been utilizing pace, or not.

LRB

Good to know--I've been wondering if my Stryd has been the thing that has been utilizing pace, or not.

Set the calibration factor to 150 then walk down the block, you'll know real fast...

no pun intended

Cyberic

Where Trails Are for Skating, Not Hiking

It’s a skater’s dream: icy forest mazes and long, winding paths through winter landscapes. In Quebec, Canada, the dream is real.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/13/travel/ice-skating-Quebec.html?action=click&module=Editors%20Picks&pgtype=Homepage

(might require a subscription)

Cy - have you done this (and I hope I have it right that you are in Quebec)? Sounds incredibly cool. When I used to make a backyard rink, I joked about making "skating trails" around the yard...I guess I just need to head to Quebec!

I am in Quebec, and I have done something similar but not exactly what the article says. I once went to a place where they plowed miles and miles of paths on a river.

I find ice skates to be uncomfortable, so when I did that with the Woman, the reality was not as cool as how we had pictured it. We left with a backpack full of food like for a day of hiking, and I don't remember exactly but something like an hour or a little more into our day, we turned around and headed back. Our feet were killing us. We ate at the inn, and we went snow shoeing after IIRC.

Maybe we're just wimps, though.

onemile

onemile I’m amazed he keeps up on LRs and doesn’t get injured

it's kind of annoying actually! he has the potential to be much faster.

Cyberic

Meh more watch errors and fun! 8 miles with 6x5 min T-ish/~1 min recovery. Honest to god I'm just gonna bust out my 235 again for the next outdoor workout that I actually care about.

Pace/distance seemed OK until I got to the place where I usually have major GPS errors AGAIN. I have no idea if it's not really pulling data from Stryd or what the hell is happening, because my GPS trace was super fucked up after the fourth rep, right when the pace dropped and looked suspicious. No big deal, I thought, since it was time-based I just kept effort the same and figured I'd measure this rep after the fact, but then when I started my cooldown it told me I was still running ~6:50 pace - another major GPS error visible on the map here. I had to like, forensically reconstruct each individual segment to make sure I was actually running target pace (and I was, so that's great, but doesn't help me when I want real-time feedback DURING THE WORKOUT!!) and then also mapped out the whole thing after the fact in MapMyRun to figure out if distance was mega-fucked like yesterday or just a little bit off.

Roughly ~6:39 avg for the T segments, total distance in my log is a bit short but not SUPER far off. I'm annoyed when I should just be happy about crushing another workout and not even feeling it.

Have a support email in w/ Stryd for yesterday's issue already, and will have to calibrate this stupid thing on a track if I'm going to keep using it for pace and distance (but I don't think I can use the track during school hours?).

I think DR experienced something similar when she was in a GPS screw up area, her pace was wrong on her watch even though her pace was set to use Stryd always.

Was it the Stryd vs StridXXXX issue? Can't remember. You two girls should talk.

Cyberic

it's kind of annoying actually! he has the potential to be much faster.

Potential, potential. Let URP be URP!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Set the calibration factor to 150 then walk down the block, you'll know real fast...

no pun intended

I did this to make sure. It works!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think DR experienced something similar when she was in a GPS screw up area, her pace was wrong on her watch even though her pace was set to use Stryd always.

Was it the Stryd vs StridXXXX issue? Can't remember. You two girls should talk.

Mine was that. You have to delete the Stryd and leave the one with the numbers or it will pull from the GPS.

Damaris