Beginners and Beyond

IT Band Strap (Read 402 times)

We will take you seriously when you stop talking like a middle schooler. Smile

The advice given by all was not confrontational. It was from people who have been there done that and realize that while a strap may or may not work, the important thing is to rest and heal, then strengthen. Kind of like her physical therapist said to do so. So if anything, people were merely saying "Listen to the expert that told you to rest".

Got it....thanks for the advice.

xor

that SRL's lecture on how the interwebz works is still in session.

I see that you have picked up on the LNO way of poking me.  Which is fine, and I deserve it for when I do that.

But talking about straps and overuse injuries has a shit/shinola relationship to "how the interwebz works".  The rest of what you said is fine feedback and okey doke, but tagging it this way is simply douchey.

@runjerseygirl

I see that you have picked up on the LNO way of poking me.  Which is fine, and I deserve it for when I do that.

But talking about straps and overuse injuries has a shit/shinola relationship to "how the interwebz works".  The rest of what you said is fine feedback and okey doke, but tagging it this way is simply douchey.

Hehe.  Love the new signature line, SRL.  Wink

Do you even run?

Far be it for me to agree with SRL, but he knows what he's talking about in terms of running and how to prevent injuries. Someone who has only been running for 9 months ignores him at her own peril.

xor

Hehe.  Love the new signature line, SRL.  Wink

Yeah, that's from yesterday when Fsocks used the same thing on me.  Which was the second time someone said it yesterday.  And the 3rd or 4th time in a week.  One of those "after awhile, you get the message".  Yup.  Got it.

"It's funny 'cause it's true."

(except in this case, when it's just a WTF response)

@runjerseygirl

Well, I enjoy reading your responses.  Knowledge (real knowledge, not know-it-all crap) interlaced with humor.  Works for me. :thumbsup:

Do you even run?

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Don't worry - the meltdown is already over. Smile

The critical mass has cooled, melted through the floor and is now a blob of metallic "stuff" in the basement, much like that "elephant's foot" they found in Chernobyl after the real meltdown.

Meltdowns in this group don't normally last long. They're just little flare-ups that happen from time to time. Just like in real life.

Totally a let down, geeze I can meltdown that much by myself.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Totally a let down, geeze I can meltdown that much by myself.

Is that what they're calling it these days? Wink

Someone who has only been running for 9 months ignores him at her own peril.

Coming from someone who has repeatedly debunked sound advice, only to shit the bed in her races, this is going over like a fart in church.

Happy Saturday!

@runjerseygirl

Coming from someone who has repeatedly debunked sound advice, only to shit the bed in her races, this is going over like a fart in church.

Happy Saturday!

Coming from someone who has had absolutely no quality contribution to this thread, I think you should take your own advice that you so generously bestowed upon SRL, and STFU.

Do you even run?

Happy Saturday!

Yeah, I've never had a bad race because of ignoring advice, but thanks for being an ahole.

To get back to the strap ... my main problem with the IT Band strap itself is it tends to chafes the heck out of the back of my leg. When using it, I recommend applying Body Glide liberally, especially right above it.

MrNamtor

Smilepersonal insult deleted