Beginners and Beyond

How long does it take to upload photos?! ANSWER: INDEFINITE (Read 73 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Why not just email the RD?

I did.  That quote in the original post ("Photos will be up in a week or two from the finish line. Photos from throughout the race could be up in  a few days.") was the response, which is why I'm annoyed about how long it's taking, rather than where they are!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

I toLd you, they are still scanning the Polaroid pictures 

By now they could have drawn all of the images by hand!!

chasing the impossible

Robert31320

Team TJ

Without a doubt!

By now they could have drawn all of the images by hand!!

Running for TJ because he can't.

bluerun

Super B****

Sixteen days and counting... If my race this weekend has photographers, I bet I'll get those images first. 

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

"The finish line photos will eventually be up. The person who was taking them left for their home country and right after the race, then went on a business trip, unbeknownst to us. He forgot to give us the stick with the photos. I cannot speculate how long it will take from today. Sorry for the disappointment."

So... in other words, I passed by the photographer on the course nine times, and he missed me nine times.

And I will have to wait until some undetermined future date to find out whether I even have a finish line photo.

You know, I'm used to not getting race pictures by now.  But this time, it really would have meant a lot to me.  I even would have paid for them.

I am not happy. 

chasing the impossible

onemile

"The finish line photos will eventually be up. The person who was taking them left for their home country and right after the race, then went on a business trip, unbeknownst to us. He forgot to give us the stick with the photos. I cannot speculate how long it will take from today. Sorry for the disappointment."

So... in other words, I passed by the photographer on the course nine times, and he missed me nine times.

And I will have to wait until some undetermined future date to find out whether I even have a finish line photo.

You know, I'm used to not getting race pictures by now.  But this time, it really would have meant a lot to me.  I even would have paid for them.

I am not happy. 

Sounds pretty disorganized.

LRB

Oh for fucks sake.  You might have better luck checking google earth for aerial satellite images from that day!

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Just put your bib on your shirt; run up and down the street and have someone take a picture of you.

Problem solved.

You people have issues 

bluerun

Super B****

Oh for fucks sake.  You might have better luck checking google earth for aerial satellite images from that day!

No, that would miss me too.

Hey, I've just had a brilliant idea: I'm going to rob a bank.  CCTV won't capture me so I'll get away with it!!

chasing the impossible

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

No, that would miss me too.

Hey, I've just had a brilliant idea: I'm going to rob a bank.  CCTV won't capture me so I'll get away with it!!

Shit, you broke the first rule of fight club...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

I had that with a 5 miler a couple of years ago.  The Club website never did get either pictures or links to the pictures; they were on the photographer's website.  I e-mailed several times  to ask if they were available, got no response, decided to ignore it, but then someone else asked months later on the club FB page.  I chimed in that the pictures weren't up, and finally the Club president provided the link.  I don't know how they expected anybody to know where they were. Frustrating.

catwhoorg

Labrat

I feel ya.

Its been like 2 days since my race and no photos....

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Zelanie

I once ran a little tiny 5K that was so small that I was 3rd woman, AND they actually gave out overall awards 3 deep.  They lined up all the overall winners and took our picture, then as far as I can tell, never posted the picture anywhere at all.  That was my shot at the big time, I tell you.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I remember my first race picture ever. I discovered it by accident when I picked up a copy of the Boston Globe the day after the marathon and my picture (along with a few other runners in it) was on the front page. The paper kindly sent me an 8x10 glossy of it for a modest amount (a couple dollars) to cover shipping and handling. I got the picture before I got the race results, which came on a postcard in the mail about 3 weeks after the race. Things are a little different now than back in 1970.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.