Tights - Help me Pick (Read 91 times)

B-Plus

Lol, don't you have tights?

Still need pics.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Still need pics.

First you post pics of your butt in tights 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The Sugoi subzero tights seem a bit long for my stubby legs... ugh but oh well they fit comfy. I am about to go and try them for a run, sadly it's 40 degrees but I forgot to bring my capris to the shop.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

onemile

The Sugoi subzero tights seem a bit long for my stubby legs... ugh but oh well they fit comfy. I am about to go and try them for a run, sadly it's 40 degrees but I forgot to bring my capris to the shop.

The North Face Winter warm tights are just as long.  I actually prefer the longer length so my ankles aren't exposed.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The North Face Winter warm tights are just as long.  I actually prefer the longer length so my ankles aren't exposed.

I do like them down to my ankles, though I wear long, thick socks during winter. There is just a lot of fabric left over down there, I just ignore.

PRs

onemile

I do like them down to my ankles, though I wear long, thick socks during winter. There is just a lot of fabric left over down there, I just ignore.

I don't have that problem. How tall are you?

happylily

I don't have that problem with my Sugois either? I'm the same height as FS, 5'3". The inseam goes from 28" to 32", depending on size. 28" is almost too short for me. Maybe they have changed their lengths since I bought my tights.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Baboon

delicate flower

I own one pair of 2XU tights, which I use only for racing in cold weather.  I have thermal Brooks pants I wear when training in cold weather.  They keep me warm no matter how cold it gets.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, I'm 5'3 but Lily you might be shorter in the torso and longer in the legs than I am - I have a longer torso but stubby legs....that might have something to do with it?..... I am not sure if there is a difference between the subzero and midzero but I went ahead and bought the subzero tights.  think there's about 3-4 wrinkles left over either at my ankles or below my knees if I draw them up and hell I try to get the tights to stay near my belly button, that still doesn't help. My other tights fit me just fine though, I can't remember if they are Saucony or Brooks, I'll have to take a look.

PRs

onemile

I'm closer to 5'6" so that explains it.  Anyway, my Midzero's seem shorter than the Subzero ones.  I also have some Brooks and Mizuno tights that are a bit shorter. But the North Face ones are nice and long.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

For some reason, I am reading the topic as "Thighs - Help me Pick"

perhaps I'm dyslexic in addition to all the other issues

She doesn't need those, she already has great thighs, as I recall from some running pics she posted a while back

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lucky you onemile lol, I wish I was closer to 5'5 at least 

Lol Scotty, thank you.

PRs

From the Internet.

I finally got to try out my SubZero tights this morning - 24F and they were plenty warm, A+. Length of the S was more or less perfect on me but I've also got a couple inches on you, FS (5'5).

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I finally got to try out my SubZero tights this morning - 24F and they were plenty warm, A+. Length of the S was more or less perfect on me but I've also got a couple inches on you, FS (5'5).

Exactly where I would like t be height wise lol.

PRs

onemile

I find it's only when it's single digits or colder that these tights aren't enough.