Beginners and Beyond

It's Friday Penguins. Really! (Read 25 times)

tracilynn

Hey pengs

I haven't been able to run the past few days because I caught my husbands chest cold  all my little ones have it too. lots of coughing. I  didn't get to take

advantage of our cooler than normal temps. BOOOO.

mitch, that sucks.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hey pengs

I haven't been able to run the past few days because I caught my husbands chest cold  all my little ones have it too. lots of coughing. I  didn't get to take

advantage of our cooler than normal temps. BOOOO.

mitch, that sucks.

Ugh. Feel better!

Damaris

MothAudio

I tried to run and ended up limping home after 3. I have had the dull ache that flares off and on in my shin for a month or so now. I think it's time for a doctor visit to rule out a sfx.

Mitch, if it hurts all the time it's SF related. If it comes-n-goes it's shin splint related.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

SheCan

Zelanie-- good job on the 10!  Figured you'd put that away pretty quickly.

Jerry-- your knee held up pretty good then.  Too bad it wouldn't just magically be perfect. Good luck into getting into the Big Ten 10k.  Is it the following weekend?

Scotty-- "Congrats on your miles, Cherie....did you remember to take water today?"  Yup, just didn't end up drinking it!    Hope it was at least cooler after all the rain you got yesterday.  Yup, some people always think that they're so big, strong, smart that they can be reckless with impunity.  Have fun at your race tomorrow.

Traci--  ,  that sucks... I'd send hugs but I don't wanna your cooties.    Hope you and your family feels better soon.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

hog4life

Thanks everyone. Here's a little more info, so "we" can try to get this diagnoses right, lol. The pain is all the time, but very dull mostly. But on the other hand, when it gets aggravated, it hurts much worse. I've had shin splints before, and this feels nothing like that. I remember the shin splints being a larger area that hurt, like, the length of the muscle and/or tendon. The pain I have know is very localized, I can always use my thumb and find one specific spot that will send the pain through the roof. The pain feels very deep, and not as superficial as what a shin splint would be.

Of course all this is speculation on my part. I have an appointment made for Aug 8th at one of the area's better Ortho clinics. In the meantime, I will try to run a little as I have been doing, and if it starts to hurt too much, like today, then I'll stop and call it a day. I will keep everyone posted.

Traci, have you used Greco at the TOC?

hog4life

After speaking(well reading) doctor Google, it may be shin splints after all. Hmm

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Told you, pfffttt.

Pilates and 4 miles done.

Damaris

hog4life

Told you, pfffttt.

Pilates and 4 miles done.

Not certain yet though.  Haha, I like the sound......Doctor D

Bin Running

Cherie, not so sure if there's any recording of the event.

Guess what? We won. 1st out of 16 group. The winner of the mixed team was a 2.5mins faster than us. Tongue I did 9:30 on my 2.5km part and our team timing was 1:17:28 for the 20k relay. Smile

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Congrats, bin!

GinnyinPA

Congratulations Bin!

Mitch - I'm not sure which is worse, chronic shin splints or a sfx.  By the time you get to the doctor, it may be healed.

Zel - good job on the 10, despite the late start.

Scotty - I like the idea of a fine for the idiots who ignore road closures like that.  Have fun at your race tomorrow.

Tracilynn - sorry you're sick.  I hope you get a restful weekend to get better.  Bake it in the sun - that used to work for me.

Jerry - sounds like a good place to run.  I'm glad the knee behaved.

PAD - wow - 66 is practically winter temps for Dallas.  Nice for running though.

Damaris - sorry the asthma is acting up.

Obie - enjoy the wedding festivities.

Cherie - I'm glad you had cooler temps for your run today.

AFM:  We spent the afternoon visiting numerous waterfalls along the Columbia River Gorge. There are some very pretty ones there.  I had a really good run two days ago at Fort Stevens SP, partly on paved bike trails and partly on the beach.  It's amazing how much easier it is to run when it's only 60!  I'm going to miss the coast.

SheCan

Cherie, not so sure if there's any recording of the event.

Guess what? We won. 1st out of 16 group. The winner of the mixed team was a 2.5mins faster than us. Tongue I did 9:30 on my 2.5km part and our team timing was 1:17:28 for the 20k relay. Smile

WooooHoooo!!!!  Congratulations, Bin!!!!

Ginny, it does sound beautiful.  Running along the beach (if not on loose sand)  is so fun.  Yes, 60* temps does make for some very pleasant runs.  I just looked up Columbia Royal Gorge.  Amazing!  What a neat trip you're taking.

Waterfalls

I decided to pull out my headlamp and finger light and do a short night run.  I got very pleasant, NO SUN 3 mile run in!  Wow, nice, and so fun, though I did keep thinking about scary animals... Thankfully only saw 3 deer (barely) as they jumped in front of me.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson