Beginners and Beyond

Maffick Monday Penguins (Read 23 times)

hog4life

8.72 miles with 8x800's at 8:15 ish. Off to bed for night shift.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Birthday Scotty and welcome to my AG !!!!    

Zelanie

Back from my 15-mile TM run.   The roads are still a mix of slush, ice, snow, and 33-degree puddles.  The sidewalks are still nowhere to be found.  Felt really good, actually.  I started really slowly and could have pushed the pace more at the end, but wanted to be able to run the rest of my miles this week, too.  Now I am taking a moment to enjoy some hot cocoa before jumping in the shower.

Jimmy- Hope you are able to get the miles in!  Be careful with weight loss while adding exercise. It's a delicate balance!

Ginny- Sounds like just the right amount of snow for you and for Ben! Smile

Jack- Good luck with your day off.  That reminds me, I need to renew DD's passport and check mine to see when it expires.  Are you guys going somewhere fun?

Mitch- Awesome 800s!  8 of 'em? 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Zel: DS is going to Mexico for an archeology class, dd1 is going to Germany, and DW and both DDs and I are going to Canada.

GinnyinPA

Where in Canada? I've had some great trips to Canada. The mountains in the west are spectacular, with great hiking.  The eastern Maritimes are a wonderful place to visit too.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ginny: I think we are going to enter Canada from North Dakota and head west to Vancouver. We will stop along the way in Glacier and other parks. It's all still in the planning stages...

GinnyinPA

Jack - have you done the drive north from Glacier?  Waterton is absolutely gorgeous, as is the whole drive north to Mt. Robson along the Rockies.  The Kananaskis (sp?) area is a real hidden gem.  We did a 600 mile hike along the Divide, so I know it well, but we've also done a couple of trips where we just dayhiked and toured.  Lots of beauty, lots of wildlife.  There's a book called, "Don't waste your time in the Canadian Rockies" which describes some really good hikes.

Just B.S.

The eastern Maritimes are a wonderful place to visit too.

Wonderful.place to live too Smile

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ginny: We have done that drive but had to stop at the border because of our passports. If we end up doing that trip I will put in plenty of research on hikes and stuff.