Beginners and Beyond

Monday's Daily Dose of Penguin (Read 23 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

She Can - I'm in Northern Indiana.  Usually in August we're kicking 100 degrees in the butt on a regular basis, and humidity is swamp like.  Not this year.  Rumor has it, we're trapped in a pocket of arctic air or something weird.  I blame all of the wind turbines we keep putting up.  Cold front gets here, and can't blow away.  I don't know.  Nice run BTW, and the dentist can wait.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi pens...

quick check in for me. Big 12-13 miler tomorrow at 8000' elevation. Having a lot of funSmile

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Painting, not running...    Dead

Amazonian Princess

Good Afternoon!

Four miles at the track yesterday; after a long ride on Saturday I felt a little draggy so more walk breaks than usual, but I was a beautiful day to be out. Wore a new tank top but forgot to put sunscreen on my shoulders and back, so I've got a bit of a burn and a racer back tanline. Very sporty! Big grin

Saw a runner at the track that was wearing a dark grey windbreaker-type garment  all zipped up - kinda reminded me of those "sauna suits". Does that really help with training for a race in warmer weather?

I can. I will. I am. 

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I saw a woman running outside in a legit sauna suit, just like the wrestlers would wear to drop a weight class, in NINETY EIGHT DEGREE WEATHER with 80% humidity. I almost called 911 to describe her and her general location because I thought she would surely  get heat stroke!!!

Good Afternoon!

Four miles at the track yesterday; after a long ride on Saturday I felt a little draggy so more walk breaks than usual, but I was a beautiful day to be out. Wore a new tank top but forgot to put sunscreen on my shoulders and back, so I've got a bit of a burn and a racer back tanline. Very sporty! Big grin

Saw a runner at the track that was wearing a dark grey windbreaker-type garment  all zipped up - kinda reminded me of those "sauna suits". Does that really help with training for a race in warmer weather?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I see this all the time at the park during the Summer.  And the park is shadeless too.  The guy looks like he is about to keel over every time I pass him.

I saw a woman running outside in a legit sauna suit, just like the wrestlers would wear to drop a weight class, in NINETY EIGHT DEGREE WEATHER with 80% humidity. I almost called 911 to describe her and her general location because I thought she would surely  get heat stroke!!!

Damaris

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I sometimes see that on a Friday.  Fights and summer wrestling meets are usually on Saturday.  Could just be a nutbar though.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

SheCan

Big 12-13 miler tomorrow at 8000' elevation. Having a lot of funSmile

+1,  yay@ getting these high elevation runs in!

Wore a new tank top but forgot to put sunscreen on my shoulders and back, so I've got a bit of a burn and a racer back tanline. Very sporty! Big grin

I've found that that spray on sunscreen works fairly well (not perfect) for that part of the back.  I hate having to ask someone else to help me rub it on.

I don't know for sure, but I'd think it'd hamper their ability to train for ANY race.  Getting the miles in seems like it'd be more important, and how can you while dressed like that?

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Amazonian Princess

Spray on sunscreen sounds like a great idea! I've spent most of my work day trying to casually find cool surfaces to lean against (i.e. edge of a cubicle wall) so I'm thinking sunburn is most definitely something to avoid!

And I think I like my calves after all - on Saturday I put on heels for the first time in about six months and I have a denty area in the back that could be muscle. Saw it in the mirror when trying on my bridesmaids dress then chased it for a few minutes which made DH laugh pretty hard Blush

I can. I will. I am.