Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins Like To Feel The Earth Move Under Their Feet! (Read 184 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Kristin - Just imagine if your doctor showed that kind of attitude toward the obese patients that use motorized carts to shop!?!?  My doctor loves that I'm running.  Definitely find a new one, and hopefully one that runs.  There has to be an answer to your knee problems, but I doubt that this guy has any interest in helping you find it.  He'd prefer you sit on a couch.  If it's something that would actually prevent you from ever running, that's a different story.  You need an answer though.

AFM - I ran 12 today in the glorious weather we're having for a January day.  It was awesome.  My knee gave me a little bit of feedback, but it continues to improve.  I can't complain.  Well, football is on, and I have some Three Floydd's Zombie Dust Pale Ale, and Hopslam.  So, I'm out!!!  Hope everyone that's racing is doing well.

Three Floyd's...yum !!!  Have you been to their  brewery in Munster?

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Three Floyd's...yum !!!  Have you been to their  brewery in Munster?

I haven't, but Pewpewpew has.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

hog4life

Kristin, so sorry your knee is not being good. Traci's advice sounds good since she is still at war with her ITBS too.

Traci, I should have run this morning in the rain. This heat and muggy crap is ridiculous for this time of year. I did my run starting at 6:00 pm, still warm but it was breezy.

I had to cut my run short from what I mentioned earlier. My tummy was misbehaving today. I ended with 10.02, which is still pretty good, pace was 9:59.

His Slowness

Good evening Penguins.  I got in 3 easy miles this morning and not in the rain for a change. The rain will be back tomorroow and then it gets cold again.   Good night all.

Bill

Zelanie

Wow, lots going on today.  I got my LR in.  This time it felt great the whole way.  I ran 10.29 and still had more left in the tank at the end.  It was COLD outside, well, cold for here (mid-20s), plus I started later than expected so it was dark on the way home.

I am such a wimp about the cold, plus for the past month I've been getting Raynaud's symptoms (fingers and toes going numb and turning white), which I never had before.  So I wore two pairs of socks and two pairs of gloves out today!  The outer layer of gloves were snowboarding gloves.  I hope I didn't look too silly, but I was warm and toasty the whole way!

Plus there was a guy at mile 9.9 who called out, "You are hardcore!  Way to go!" as I ran by.  Now that is a good feeling!  I don't know if it was just to cold, or if he sees me going by pretty regularly.  But that definitely put a spring in my step for the last little bit!

Traci- I'm so glad you weren't trying to run those miles at 5K pace!  That sounds like a recipe for pain.  I bet the heat was a factor in your run today if that's not what you've been running in lately.  And congrats on the Garmin!

Kristin- I agree, find a new doctor!  I hope you are able to get in somewhere soon.  I think maybe rest by itself isn't enough.

Jerry- Nice job on the run today!

Mickey- Now that is real, actual cold!  I don't know how you do it!

Vance- Congrats on the mileage PR!

Awood- Glad the knee continues to improve.

Bill- Glad you got some nice weather for a run.