Beginners and Beyond

Thirsty ThursDAILIES (Read 41 times)

Hip Redux

IMHO, that show jumped the shark a few years ago.

The Office is dying a slow and painful death.   I will still watch but I will likely complain the whole time.

4 miles at lunch @ 10:15mm except the last mile was torture.   I don't know what happened - breathing got ragged and then I was doubled over in pain with a full on diaphragm spasm.    Unfun.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

IMHO, that show jumped the shark a few years ago. We used to be dedicated viewers, but have not been for a while. Not the same without Michael Scott. OTOH, Parks & Rec is still must-see TV.

7.04 very warm & sunny miles at lunch today, 8:31 pace.

Dave, I don't think it "jumped the shark," but it has been in decline the last few years. I will still watch tonight. Have you seen the original British version with Ricky Gervais? If you like the dry English humor, you will love it.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Shit, why Texas lol!

My kid is taking an internship for the summer there.  I will only be there for a day.

lol.

San Antonio, though, seems less "Texas" than other Texas cities to me, probably because we have such a large military presence here, both active duty and retired, so lots of the people that live here - like me - are not native Texans, we just got here through work-related or family-related situations, found that we liked the city and then just stayed.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

YAYpril - B-Plus

I won't watch The Office tonight - we'll DVR it and watch it tomorrow. I'm sad that the series is ending. I still liked it even without Steve Carrell.

I cheated and ran a very slow, very warm 2 recovery miles at lunch. Then I got a mango smoothie at Panera Bread. I undid my run calories but it was refreshing.

LRB

lol.

San Antonio, though, seems less "Texas" than other Texas cities to me, probably because we have such a large military presence here, both active duty and retired, so lots of the people that live here - like me - are not native Texans, we just got here through work-related or family-related situations, found that we liked the city and then just stayed.

Yes, great things are said about San Antonio.  This will be my first trip to Texas, too bad it's basically business for me.  I will try to run the morning before my flight though, that would be cool hot.

B-Plus

Also known as winning!

I have been known to gain about 10 lbs after a marathon, and quite enjoy it Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Which is why it is the only city in TX I would even consider to move.

lol.

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks guys....you are so awesome and kind. It is just running, and you all heloed put that back in prespective.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

THURSDAY EVENING UPDATE:

47 minutes done on the treadmill.  7 minute jog / 2 minute walk repeats.  4.6 miles total.  I'm slowly starting to increase the time between walk breaks.  My knee felt great again....kind of makes me think I'm going about this the right way.  Perhaps my doctor and therapist were onto something.

Wife went out for a bike ride with a shop here in town.  I didn't go and feel guilty about not joining her.  *sigh*

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

4 additional miles.  2 with hubby, 2 alone.  I have not passed out yet, so I call it a success.

Damaris

Hip Redux

Kettlebell class done - squats, lunges, deadlifts, rows and shoulder presses.

:dead:

Rondog65

Hello all,

Beth I am so sorry to hear the bad news.

Lilac good luck, one day at a time, one step at a time.

i had such a great start to the week with a tremendous Tuesday to a low today.  A good friend and co-worker told me he is thinking of changing jobs, I personally hope not (the selfish side of me) yet I hope he does what is best for him and his family.  Got a somber 4.6 miles in tonight.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

B-Plus

7 @ 8:05. Time for some core now.

Wound up with 7.9 easy. Ran 2.3 with my 5K class and then ran 5.6 home. Felt a hell of a lot better today than yesterday when I was stuffed up and sneezing all day.