Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins Take Life One Mile At A Time! (Read 27 times)

SheCan

Just over 6 miles done!   Feels good to overcome the inertia.

Traci-- LOL@ the hat.  Love it.  You'll totally need it if the temps drop 25*s.

Damaris-- I'm sorry the Chicago Marathon didn't pan out, but I wanted to let you know, that I think you were so super smart not to jeopardize either your longterm fitness or your other races with this one.  As a penguin, I'm super proud of you.  You really do set such a good example for the rest of us.  Many hugs to you.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Singer who runs a smidge

The other day, when DH and I were walking Dusty, we forgot that Chewbacca was outside.  He met us at the end of the driveway and followed us around the neighborhood, which was quite comical.

I just happened to think of that, I'd meant to tell y'all a few days ago.

Definitely taking tomorrow off.  Clearly I need some brain downtime.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope the leg feels better obiebyke!  Also hope you don't have one of those DVT clots in your leg, that would suck.  If it does not start feeling better after a week or so, you might want to go get it checked.

Not sure exactly on the goal, Zelanie.  Gonna figure it out tonite when I get home.  But I do have less than I did when I announced I was shooting for it.  Sounds like a nice track for you to run on.

Well, Tracy, you must be getting our cooler weather now, it must be moving your way cuz our temps are going up again. As for my cancer, for the type I had there was a family history of it.  I asked my  doc at the time the same thing, why so young when I got it?  He told me if there was a strong genetic factor, then "all bets were off' as far as waiting until age 50 to get a colonoscopy. So always know your family medical history! And if there is some type of risk factor for you...don't wait!  Get checked regularly for whatever your particular risk may be.   Nice turkey hat!  Might be a little too hot to wear in Texas for a run, though.  Last year at Thanksgiving, our temp for our Turkey Trot in the morning was near 70!  At  8 a.m.....in November!  Sheesh!

Sorry about the bruised leg, Damaris..that's awful....abusing Great Legs like yours like that!  Joking

i'm telling you, Jimmy....good ole duct tape! If it can hold the universe together it should stick and stay on your leg.  So what if you lose some leg hair when you pull it off? Wink

Enjoy the NOBO run, Mitch!   Nice running and nice weather for you last night!

Good luck with your determination today, kj!

Congrats on your 11, Jack!  I'm sure the legs will appreciate the rest.

scotty -- I'm a Sweet Adeline.  If it doesn't sparkle, we don't wear it!!

That sounds like an A-Choired taste, HsM!  Big grin

Happy vacation, Bin!

Welcome back, Cherie!  Glad you got some inertia-healing miles in!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just over 6 miles done!   Feels good to overcome the inertia.

Traci-- LOL@ the hat.  Love it.  You'll totally need it if the temps drop 25*s.

Damaris-- I'm sorry the Chicago Marathon didn't pan out, but I wanted to let you know, that I think you were so super smart not to jeopardize either your longterm fitness or your other races with this one.  As a penguin, I'm super proud of you.  You really do set such a good example for the rest of us.  Many hugs to you.

Awwww, thanks. Blush

Damaris

hog4life

Kristin, the omeprazole is a maintenance type drug used for acid reduction in the stomach. It's the generic form of Nexium, or at least it can be used in its place. I have been taking it for years.

Singer who runs a smidge

scotty -- I'm a Sweet Adeline.  If it doesn't sparkle, we don't wear it!!

That sounds like an A-Choired taste, HsM!  Big grin

Groan!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Decided that yesterday's run earned me a RD especially since I can't shake this cold.  3 day weekend with nothing to do but run, and being a couch potato.  Thanks kJ, I'm going to guess that we won't be eating Vietnamese in Nashville.  Probably bar food.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yeah when the gastritis acts up it helps it heal by reducing the acid and giving my sensitive lining a break.  I have considered going on it permanently, but I had such a reduction in how often I would have gastritis after I gave up soda that it seemed unnecessary.

Kristin, the omeprazole is a maintenance type drug used for acid reduction in the stomach. It's the generic form of Nexium, or at least it can be used in its place. I have been taking it for years.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

Bin- I still have almost 6 weeks until my half, so I haven't even decided on my taper strategy yet.  My goal is sub- 1:55, anything else on top of that would just be gravy.  Oh, and to finish uninjured this time.