Beginners and Beyond

No humping this time Thursdailies (Read 50 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ate 1800 calories at lunch and have not touched another morsel since, and probably will not until Christmas.  That is all.

I probably have eaten more than that and I am still hungry.

Damaris

Will run for scenery.

I took a brisk 2 mile walk at lunch.  Towards the end I got a very odd feeling in my toe.  Then I realized what it was : my toenail is starting to fall off.  'Cause, uh, I have a race in two days, so why not ?

It doesn't hurt, just feels really bizarre, like one of those metal snap toys that clicks when you squeeze it.  I tried taping it down w/ a bandaid and that didn't help any.  I'm a teensy bit tempted to pull it out (it's really loose, not at all painful) but the nail goes all the way up into the root area, and i have no idea if it would just slip out of there or if I'd be totally screwed.

Oops, sorry if that got too graphic.  Enjoy your dinner !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

meaghansketch

Today is dragging!  Two cups of coffee, one cup of tea, not enough caffeine in this office to make me feel like I'm not sleepwalking through the day.

SRD today.  Tempo run tomorrow.  In that imaginary land where I have energy I'm going to try to double with an easy run in the evening.  We'll see how that goes!

Baboon

delicate flower

I took a brisk 2 mile walk at lunch.  Towards the end I got a very odd feeling in my toe.  Then I realized what it was : my toenail is starting to fall off.  'Cause, uh, I have a race in two days, so why not ?

It doesn't hurt, just feels really bizarre, like one of those metal snap toys that clicks when you squeeze it.  I tried taping it down w/ a bandaid and that didn't help any.  I'm a teensy bit tempted to pull it out (it's really loose, not at all painful) but the nail goes all the way up into the root area, and i have no idea if it would just slip out of there or if I'd be totally screwed.

Yank it off.  It won't hurt and will be less annoying.  I am currently down two nails.

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Or use some super glue.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ouch.

At the vet with Hershey.  Mr. I Pee All Over The House Again.  Assuming another bout of cystitis or a UTI.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Ouch.

At the vet with Hershey.  Mr. I Pee All Over The House Again.  Assuming another bout of cystitis or a UTI.

Sorry.  Sad  We're currently treating one of the cats for UTI.  It's getting increasingly difficult to give her the meds.  She BATTLES.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ha.  Hershey has had 3-4 cystitis bouts so I assume is that.  And this one is thr dumbeat cats ever.  He even hid under the bed when I came in with the pet bag and came out whebn I called him.  Silly boy.

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

If it's loose at the top, just trim it back as far as you can before you get to what's still attached. I did the same thing the night before Marquette to the toenail I killed in either the Fargo Marathon and/or Med City in May. Roll eyes

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Still at the fucking vet.  I hate when they take care of other pets that came in later than me.  It does not happen often but when they are too full they screw up the order and here we have been for 1.5 hours.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Crystals in urine and blocage.  Staying the night.  Joy.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

A 5 mile walk for me tonight, in the span of time that I can do a 10 mile run.....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

6 more miles in 56 minutes for a 9:28 average.

Hi dailies:

D - hope they fix up the cat

10 at moderately easy pace in glorious cool and dry air.  T-minus 10 days!

B-Plus

Pics or ...

Hi dailies:

D - hope they fix up the cat

10 at moderately easy pace in glorious cool and dry air.  T-minus 10 days until I run 2:47:56 at Erie!

Finished your post!

16 miles w/ middle 10 @ 6:49