Beginners and Beyond

Out the door to run SunDAILIES (Read 33 times)

delicate flower

Heading out to meijer for an alternative to water which I am tired of drinking.   Anybody need anything?   Big grin

I highly recommend the Polar diet orange dry soda.

<3

Heading out to meijer for an alternative to water which I am tired of drinking.   Anybody need anything?   Big grin

Beer.

Dave

outoftheblue

vodka

Life is good.

LRB

Beer.

The last time I drank a beer I went on a four day binge drinking the stuff.  lol  Man that was fun!

You have mentioned that before Boon.  Imma have to see if they sell it here.

I ended up with powdered Country Time, Nestea and Powerade.  With the powder I can adjust the sweetness to my liking, which may be just a bit more than what you find in the store, and sometimes not as much.

Zelanie

Just got back from my afternoon coffee, since it's almost required here. Smile  Accompanied by a nutella and banana crepe.

D- Sorry that you're not feeling well.  What a bummer!  Do you guys get to at least enjoy San Francisco a bit?

LRB

vodka

I have an unopened bottle of Ciroc Red Berry that has your name written all over it.  Wink

B-Plus

Stop speaking American!

You Rang?

I highly recommend the Polar diet orange dry soda.

I miss Polar Beverages of Worcester, Mass.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

happylily

First outdoor run on the island. It was 87F, full sun, 2:30 in the afternoon (that's the time we arrived at destination, after driving 8 hours yesterday and 4 today). I went out with my garmin, but I made a deal with myself that I would not look at it until after I'd finished. The goal was to keep it very easy for the first day. It was extremely hot (for me) and I brought nothing to drink, but the wind was strong (ocean winds) and cooled me down a little. By the 15th mile, my mouth was so dry I could not swallow anymore, so I decided to end it there. Checked my garmin: 8:19 average pace over some little hills. Not too bad for what felt like a very easy effort. I would have gone longer without the thirst which became an emergency. It felt so much easier than my TM running! After drinking at home (okay, it wasn't just water, I also had some alcoholic beverages if you must know) and switching into a bathing suit, I went for a 4 mile walk on the beach. Glorious sunny day! I ran 7 miles yesterday after being trapped in the car for 8 hours, listening to hip hop, rap, R&B and something called house music. That was my son's way to punish me for forcing him to come with us (it's not fun apparently to be alone with your parents, on a beach, when you're a 16 year old boy). Anyway, first day of vacation was positive overall. 

Sorry Damaris about the outcome of your race today. :-(

OOTB, you made the right decision. I would have done the same thing. Actually, I was thinking of doing a marathon today, but I never did register for it. I had a feeling that now would not be the right time for me. Learning when your body is ready for the task, and working with that knowledge, is an important part of racing. It took me a long time to realize it, but I think I'm finally grasping it.

Scotty and Sly, great FE and beautiful pictures of San Antonio! Looking at Sly's pics gave me the urge to do some push-ups this morning. I'm not sure why... 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Zelanie

Lily, glad you made it!  I thought I saw your name in the July racing thread and was wondering if you had decided to race.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

D, sorry you weren't feeling it today.

Today's LR was an epic fail, I had 16 miles planned but due to the heat (and sun), and major stomach issues because I made the stupid asinine decision to eat some pizza like an hour before my run, I ended up with only 6.6 miles.

My phone was in the red on battery life, only like 7% and I could hardly get signal to call in case of an emergency so I had to decide - take the chance and keep suffering through, with the possibility of being caught in an even worse situation with my stomach and a dead phone or call it quits and give DH a call to pick me up?

At mile 6 I called DH, then managed another .6 miles before he met me on the road.

This is why I run in the mornings on an empty stomach damn it! But fuck, this morning would have been even worse - 78 degrees, 95% humidity and the forecast saying a dew point of 75 though I think D said my area can only reach 72 or something. Yeah I would have been in 10x worse shape  and DH would have been really pissed being woke up on his only day off to sleep in until 9 AM.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I never said that. I said that on the day you posted, it was 72DP. The morning would have felt worSe. Sorry you had a LR fail but the next one will be better!

Lily, enjoy the vacay.

I did run 18 miles of the marathon course and I have spent he rest of the day in bed. Just feel

so exhausted. What my husband says is that it looks like a dengue like illness so he hopes I will feel better soon (they last 7-10 days and i have been sick for a week or

so).

anyway, I am not sad or worried. My next training and my health take priority. Hubby did great in those hills.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I never said that. I said that on the day you posted, it was 72DP. The morning would have felt worSe. Sorry you had a LR fail but the next one will be better!

Lily, enjoy the vacay.

I did run 18 miles of the marathon course and I have spent he rest of the day in bed. Just feel

so exhausted. What my husband says is that it looks like a dengue like illness so he hopes I will feel better soon (they last 7-10 days and i have been sick for a week or

so).

anyway, I am not sad or worried. My next training and my health take priority. Hubby did great in those hills.

I thought you said my area doesn't normally go higher than like 70-72 DP? I've never seen 75....... then again I have never really started looking at dew point until this summer lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Oh, just saw this after I'd already posted.  Sorry you didn't make it, but dang, a half-mile away, wow!  Impressive?  How many miles was it round-trip?  I assume you did not take my suggestion of going one way and then having your wife come pick you up. 

68 miles for the weeks, congrats. You got just about 4 times my mileage for the week, lol.

Rechecking my route now that I am back at a computer and the garmin route - not near as I thought!

I was near the Mission Concepcion Sports Complex,  and that was only 8 total (4 out and back)

It was a little confusing down around there some construction mixed around, but overall a nice run.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Ugg..

Some unfinished 16 milers and marathon troubles!

Rough weekend for the group, rest up guys and get healthy.

lily

I still get experienced runners ask if I am a triathlete...    I suppose my build?   I am positively leaned out compared to where I used to be.