Beginners and Beyond

My First Half (RR) - blitzed my goal, yay! (long) (Read 118 times)

meaghansketch

Fantastic job!  Congrats on a very well-run race, and on your prize-winning placement!  I am sure that you'll be under 1:50 before long.

Antipodean

Good point.... jeez, now I feel ripped off. In US$ I only won %20.69. Shocked

And what about the $25 ? Big grin

Congrats on a great race.  Prize money on a debut run is nothing to sneeze at.  And performing at a level that makes you feel ecstatic is what it's all about.

I don't know whether to be envious or not.  It's Springtime there, but OTOH it's also Monday....

Yeah, it's the first Monday of my two-week holiday! Wink Here's to running in daylight!!!

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your time and your award, way to go, racing there 'down under'!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

TakeAHike

That is an excellent debut half marathon.  I love the fact that you actually raced your first half marathon and were looking out for others in your AG.  This was a fun RR to read.  Thanks for posting.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

Antipodean

The official results came out, and the woman I passed about a mile from the finish line was in my age group. I beat her by 28 seconds. Overall I came 92/221, in women 12/87, in masters women 2/28.

I think I forgot to mention the gorilla man. He's local and I've seen him at a number of races. This time I noticed him afterwards taking off his headgear and his hear was wet & plastered to his scalp. It must be super hot in there!

Julie

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Great debut! CONGRATS!!!!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Congratulations on your great debut!  It always seems so tough for masters runners to figure out who is in their age group - I think bibs should just have all our ages on them to make it easier.  Even though your training wasn't quite what you wanted, it sounds like you kept running consistently all through it.  That makes a big difference.  Sounds as though you have plenty of running and racing coming up - good luck!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Wow that's a really good debut.  1:52, nice!  Sounds like there was some good racing in there too, which always makes it so much more fun.  Congratulations!

LRB

It's spring here...

What?!

Congrats on the masters bling!  That is something most of us will never get in a half marathon.  You should be proud!

Rubybaby43

enabler

I have been gone awhile...but I had to do a double take when I read that this was your first HM!  I would have sworn you were an old (term used loosely) pro at that distance by now.

Congrats on such an astounding race for you!  Woohoo!!!

KLO

more miles = more beer

Antipodean

Thanks, Ruby. I have been running for many many years, but first time to race above 10k. Not the last, though!

I just paid for this pic from the race. Didn't think it was a great quality pic, and I had to crop it myself. But I just had to buy it because it shows gorilla man and me racing each other. Yup, the gorilla won, but he's got wheels!

Julie

~ Sir Edmund Hillary