Beginners and Beyond

Happy Friday Penguins (Read 19 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!).

Today is Happiness Happens Day!

“Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up.”

Dean Karnazes

Happy!

Don't  Worry Be Happy!

on my way to badass

Thanks for starting us off PAD. Good Friday Penguins! RD for me today. 5K tomorrow.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

PADRunner

Morning Penguins! Hope everyone's feeling better this morning, and gets good reports today!

Don't worry be happy because it's Happiness Happens Day!

4 Done this morning shower and off to work.

Too much happy?

Bin Running

Happy Friday to all. Tomorrow will be Independence Day for us. 49th birthday.  Smile

7M at easy. Seem like running with music is helping.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me today.  Picking up my packet after work for my 5K on Sunday.   No race on Saturday.  Probably a good thing because I am supposed to take it easy for a couple of days after having that injection in my knee yesterday.

Good luck with your 5K tomorrow, StoneFence.  Take your camera with you and post some photos!

Congrats on your 4, PAD.  Hope your 4 made some Happiness Happen for you.  If not, well, make it happen later.

Independence from whom, Bin?  I'm assuming the British.  Happy 49th birthday in advance!  Gee, and here I always thought you were 30-something.   Or is that the 49th birthday of the country, not you?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  It's an SRD and, unless hubby wants to do a bike ride after work, I'm am resting!

PAD, StoneFence, Bin, Scotty, hello!

Damaris

Bin Running

Scotty, independence from Malaysia. After the british, we merge with Malaysia for a period before we decide to have a divorce. 49th for my country. Smile

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Hi Pens!  It's raining here at the beach.  DD and I are going to head down and check out Puerto Viejo, I think, before heading back to the city.

This evening, I have 11 with 8 at MP on tap.

Hope all of the injured penguins and penguin spouses are feeling better today!

Bin- Happy independence day!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

HI Pens.

Rest day for me. I will be taking more of these now as rest is likely the only thing that will cure my current ailments. I've been going at it hard for two years and I think it has finally caught up to me. I just can't recover after a run and my legs always seem fatigued. Sigh... I'll be at 15-20 miles mpw, if that, for a while and we'll see. I'm running a HM in two weeks and the only reason I am doing it is because DW is running the marathon that day in another attempt to BQ. Some good news, however, is that I am more focused on getting in some core work.

Have a good weekend.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Scotty, independence from Malaysia. After the british, we merge with Malaysia for a period before we decide to have a divorce. 49th for my country. Smile

I was not sure whether you meant it was your country's 49th divorce or 49th anniversary.  I need a coffee, that is clear.

Jack, hope it's nothing major.

Mitch, good luck at the doctor today!

Hello, pens!

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy weekend PAD.

Good luck on the 5K SF.

Happy Independence Day Bin.

Enjoy the RD, Scotty.

Have a nice RD and bike ride with hubby, D.

Great pictures, Zel.. Safe drive back.

Feel better, Jack and work on that core with a beer.

10 mile LR for us on the bike path.  Really busy for a Friday.  Only stopped a couple of times for fueling and de-fueling.  Glad we took extra water and gels today.  Got a little achy, but could have gone farther.  Not much else planned for the weekend.  Possibly going into the city to a street festival in Boystown.  Sort of out of place there, but it should be fun.

Have a great weekend !!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hi Pens!  It's raining here at the beach.  DD and I are going to head down and check out Puerto Viejo, I think, before heading back to the city.

This evening, I have 11 with 8 at MP on tap.

Hope all of the injured penguins and penguin spouses are feeling better today!

Bin- Happy independence day!

MP on tap at Mile 8, cool!  What kind of beer is MP? 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

PADRunner

hog4life

IT'S NOT A STRESS FRACTURE!!