Beginners and Beyond

What the...WEDNESDAILIES? (Read 57 times)

B-Plus

Jay - Sorry you didn't hit your goal today, but hopefully you'll crush your HM.

Oski - Way to help that runner out. That's a demoralizing course profile.

SIAR - Congrats on the win.

Oski/Jay - How are you two racing today? Is it a holiday? If so, I demand a day off!

Jess runs for bacon

SIAR, congrats on the win!!!

Oski, helping someone is always better Smile Glad to hear you could help.

i did 3 miles on the TM, last two at HMP or faster (progression run). Changed sneakers real quick then headed out on the bike to meet the group. I should have changed from my shorts to my capris. I am paying for it now. 10 miles at a ,ugh faster pace than I am used to, but it was fun.

Hip Redux

No holiday here, just a "summer" series during the week!  6:30 start time.

I was a little disappointed in how many people passed us trying to help the lady back up the hill - some of them being (stronger) men, too.   C'mon, it's a $3 3-mile race, you can't stop and at least make sure we got everything under control?   Harumph.   Maybe that was just the world telling me I needed to get some additional hill repeats in tonight. lol

Jess runs for bacon

I was a little disappointed in how many people passed us trying to help the lady back up the hill - some of them being (stronger) men, too.   C'mon, it's a $3 3-mile race, you can't stop and at least make sure we got everything under control?   Harumph.   Maybe that was just the world telling me I needed to get some additional hill repeats in tonight. lol

People are douches. I was driving down the road the other day and saw a woman lying on the sidewalk. She was fine, just had fell, but no one had stopped for her. And they weren't even in a race.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Looks like we had just about the same exact event tonight...although mine was a little spendier at $5 ha.  Good job helping out the other runner.  I'm not saying it excuses non-stoppers, but I think people do worry about liability these days.  Not every state has a "good samaritan" law, but I think all states should.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Hip Redux

Looks like we had just about the same exact event tonight...although mine was a little spendier at $5 ha.  Good job helping out the other runner.  I'm not saying it excuses non-stoppers, but I think people do worry about liability these days.  Not every state has a "good samaritan" law, but I think all states should.

Gotta love the little races!

Yeah, it's ok. I know most people are in the "heat of the moment" in a race too and can easily get caught up in not stopping the race, etc.    I stopped once to help some poor sap who lost his key fob during a trail race in the fall.  Ever tried to find a key in a pile of leaves?  Yeah.  I helped for like 5 minutes and then said "Sorry, I need to go" and left him searching.   Hey, at least no one was injured! lol

Rick - haha, nice

Oski - very kind of you to stop and help.  Congrats on that especially, but also on not finishing DFL.  Good excuse to get a shiny new pair of shoes with wonderfully stabby screw-in spikes?

Kristin - ah, interesting.

SIAR - first OA win?!  Congrats!!  Your tactics were sound:  run faster than everyone else Big grin  Great job.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Jay...Thanks.  It was kinda cool listening to the footsteps just fall away behind me.  Good luck with the weekend's half.  Is it a big race?

Oski...That reminds me of the time I lost my retainer in the snow as youngster while I was out sledding.  I searched for about 3 hours in the snow, and actually found it!  Speaking of helping, a number of us are going to be volunteering at the finish line at this year's Akron Marathon, and we're actually getting first aid and CPR training for it.  I'd definitely be more inclined to help knowing I had the knowledge to really do something.

Zelanie

3 miles outside and 1 mile at PT done.  Legs are feeling tired just from that, so clearly I have some work to do this summer getting my base back.

Oski- Thank you for helping the runner!  We are all better off because of people like you who are willing to stop.

SIAR- Congrats on the win!

SIAR - Last year, 500 runners. (But only 4 under 1:30).  Might be bigger this year, it's of the "finishes inside Ralph Wilson stadium on the field" variety, so lots of people who might not otherwise do a HM, will.

7 recovery miles tonight, saw a fox and rabbit in different areas.  At the corner of Nowhere St. and You're Lost Rd., a car slowed, someone yelled "Jaaaaay!" and drove off.  WTF, haha.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR - Last year, 500 runners. (But only 4 under 1:30).  Might be bigger this year, it's of the "finishes inside Ralph Wilson stadium on the field" variety, so lots of people who might not otherwise do a HM, will.

7 recovery miles tonight, saw a fox and rabbit in different areas.  At the corner of Nowhere St. and You're Lost Rd., a car slowed, someone yelled "Jaaaaay!" and drove off.  WTF, haha.

Sounds like you should have a pretty good shot at it.  Any idea what you're targeting?  1:19 would qualify you for New York, and then I would officially be exceedingly jealous of you.  I don't know why, but that 1:19 half sounds so much easier than the 2:45 full.

I hate when people honk at me and then I have to spend the next 20 minutes trying to think of who the heck they were.

Hip Redux

At the corner of Nowhere St. and You're Lost Rd., a car slowed, someone yelled "Jaaaaay!" and drove off.  WTF, haha.

I had someone on a bike do the same to me when I was out running (well, except yelling my name, not Jay lol).   My expression was all --->  Who the eff are you?!  

lol

Any idea what you're targeting?  1:19 would qualify you for New York

Depends on who shows up, but I had no idea that HMs can work for NYC Wink

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies!

Yes, I know that the evening is over, but I did want to check in!

5.2 hot, muggy miles today. I had planned on running earlier, but I decided to sleep in to 7:30 this morning and didn't get out to run until 10:30 or so. Originally, I planned on about 7 or 8 miles, but the heat got to me a bit and I cut it short.  Still, not a bad run - at least I got some acclimation benefit.

Shot some decent pool tonight, so I've got that going for me. Smile

Hope everyone had a great day.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Depends on who shows up, but I had no idea that HMs can work for NYC Wink

Here's the list, if anyone is interested.  It's funny how much less attention qualifying receives in comparison to Boston, but for me, this is THE running goal.

Men
                                Age Marathon 1/2 Marathon
                                18-39 2:45:00 1:19:00
                                40-44 2:50:00 1:23:00
                                45-49 2:58:00 1:25:00
                                50-54 3:06:00 1:29:00
                                55-59 3:14:00 1:33:00
                                60-64 3:24:00 1:39:00
                                65-69 3:35:00 1:42:00
                                70+ 3:46:00 1:48:00

Women
                                Age Marathon 1/2 Marathon
                                18-39 3:10:00 1:30:00
                                40-44 3:25:00 1:37:00
                                45-49 3:35:00 1:42:00
                                50-54 3:49:00 1:48:30
                                55-59 3:52:00 1:50:00
                                60-64 4:10:00 1:58:00
                                65-69 4:26:00 2:06:00
                                70+ 4:50:00 2:17:00