Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies - Thank me later (Read 48 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning Dailies.

SIAR, eat and drink man! Smile I'm addicted to it.

Oski, good to hear that you have full range of motion with diminished pain.

Everyone else, enjoy your RD or those miles.

I did an Easy 6 this morning. I can start to feel the fatigued building. I've got a pace run tomorrow and my LR on Saturday, then a SRD. Oh, I will enjoy that. Smile

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

StepbyStep-SH

Happy Air Force Day, Scotty! And to any other airmen/women who call RA B&B home!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I did 3.5 this morning and felt really good and ran well in spite of the fact that I started at 6:15 a.m. and it was already near 80 degrees!  After I got back to the university gym, I was so soaked in sweat one of the gym staff asked me if I got sprayed by the athletic field sprinklers when they went on, lol. Glad I ran this morning, we are looking at another over 100-degree day today by 5 PM.  Yesterday our temp went up to 103!  It looks like it is going to stay this way around my area for most of August.  I prefer warm weather over cold, but this is getting ridiculous.  Come on Fall!

Bummer....Gail called a while ago to let me know one of our neighborhood cats got hit by a car...she was a real sweetie too. Which is why her name was Sweetie Pie.  Sad.  She'll be missed.

Well, dang, SIAR, running at 1 pm, isn't that near the hottest part of the day?  And nothing to drink?  You're lucky you made any progress at all, let alone 11 miles.  Behave yourself, crazy person!  And HYDRATE!  Glad your run today went better.

This week has been funny as I have not decided where or for how long I am going to run until i head out the door.  lol.  That's my running life every day these days, LRB.  It's nice though...no plans, no worries, just get out there and run how you feel, no pressure. Hope your run went well!

Nice running, Phil!  And congrats on 'graduating' soon from your PT.

Good luck with the 12 miles later, Damaris.  Per the National Weather Service, it is now 'official"...for once San Antonio weather is actually hotter than Miami....higher actual temps, higher dew points, and higher humidity all this week.  And we're supposed to stay this way for at least another week!  So now, for a change, I can tell you to enjoy your 'nicer' weather. Joking

Enjoy the well deserved rest day, Marjorie!

Thank you, Step.   Good luck with the run tomorrow, hope you have a great 18-miler and feel like you can go 20!  Wow, 50 miles in a week, your weekly mileage is just about more than my monthly mileage, lol.

Sarah, I think this crazy weather is EVERYWHERE in Texas now.  Laredo hit 106 yesterday!  No more after work running for either of us for quite a while!  Congrats on getting out there today in the sauna.

Have a great day, Oski!  Congrats on you rXC race and glad you felt okay.  Hope you do find out what is going on with the hip.

I wish we were having thunderstorms, April!  Our aquifer/water supply keeps on dropping and it looks like we will probably go into Stage 3 Water Restrictions next week.  Enjoy your rest day!

Congrats on your miles, Andrew.  I don't even want to know what your temperature was that you ran in.  Sounds like you need that RD coming up.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

A seven-layer burrito before running seems like a great way to have a visit from the poo monster.

Ha-ha I run on empty, I meant just fitting in another serving of quality carbs during the day.  But for the record, my fiber intake is pretty good, so I do not have issues with anything I eat even if it were before a run.

As for me, I got in 7 easy miles which included 8 slow ass, stiff ass strides.  I did not look at my watch while running them but they felt slow, and once I did look at them after the run they were indeed, slow.

Not sure what is up with that but my hips were tight, and have been since running those marathon paced miles on Tuesday.  That is odd because I have run twice that fast all year without issue.

Oh well, I am not gonna worry about it.  I will run easy tomorrow, then see how I feel Saturday morning before deciding what, if any quality work I should do.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'll probably end up inline skating with my son while my sister runs, long story short she keeps making excuses, doesn't want to run alone and wants me to switch my running schedule for her........ even though she can barely run 2-3 miles and my shortest run is 4-5 miles so I told her on the days I don't run I will either run a mile with her or rollerblade while pushing Dorian in the stroller.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Will run for scenery.

I'm usually a little guilty of over loading/fueling/replenishing but   on yesterday's run I definitely ran out of gas.  I ate next to nothing the day before.  Had some bread before the run and 2 Gu's, but b/c it was a long slow run (with long breaks) I should have eaten more - I was out for 3+ hours. Still had some Gu but it didn't seem like that was helping.

Rest day for me.  Time to start tapering : Pike's Peak Marathon in 18 days.  Eek!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Congrats on your miles, Andrew.  I don't even want to know what your temperature was that you ran in.  Sounds like you need that RD coming up.

Yeah Scotty, I try to limit my boasting. Smile

- Andrew

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Also - I ran my XC race last night, with minimal pain.  It was the first run in probably a month where I felt that I actually had a full range of motion in that hip.   Today is not much worse painwise than yesterday.  So  I am not sure WTF is going on.

Hip is fickle.  Just is.

Keep up with the self Graston.  It really will help.

Thanks Pink.  I never call them SRD anymore as they are never scheduled now since I do not follow a training program.  I just throw in the rest day when I need them or when the PT brain of mine says, "hey, um, you do need to rest sometimes, you know!  Stop making every week an 80+ mile week!  Okay?  Thanks?" ****  love your brain

Marjorie

Ric-G

SIAR - time of day can be a big problem sometimes...nice 10 by the way

LRB - can't remember the last time for taco bell...but now you've got me thinking...

baboon - happy friday to you!

D - have a good 12

Marj - ok at least I ran more than you for one day out of 365

step - here's wishing you good luck

pink - good job staying with it

oski - poo monster Smile

april - have a good srd

scotty - thx for the air force history

brrr - good luck the rest of your training week

free - cool about skating with your son

jjs- pikes peak...wow

8 miles @7:35 this morning with a couple more easy. saw mariano rivera one last time last night at dodger stadium...very cool stuff.

marathon pr - 3:16

B-Plus

Pikes Peak, jj? Good luck!

MP run for me l8r.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Have fun skating, FreeSoul!  I'm always at an incline when I try to skate...cuz I keep falling down!  Gail just rolls her eyes in pity...and at my stopping method too...grab a branch of a tree, grab a bush, hit a wall.... Joking

Sorry about the stiff hips, LRB.  Maybe what Oski has is contagious.... Wink

Enjoy that RD, Andrew, sounds like you earned it!   Good luck with the upcoming marathon.  I wonder if Pike's Peak has some kind of shorter event?  I really need to go out there and do something, especially since ole Zebulon Pike is one of my ancestors.  My middle name is actually Pike. Roll eyes

Congrats on the 8 miles, Ric!  What's 'dodger stadium'? 

Wink

Marjorie, I sure wish you could give me some of your energy and stamina!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hubby said his shin does not hurt anymore and I had to burst his bubble by telling him you either run solo or none at all because I have 12 miles.

Hoping this run does not leave him in pain.

Damaris

LRB

Supp!

I just walked into Chicken Shack and ordered a side of cole slaw to go and walked out.  Judging from the weirded out looks I got, you would have thought I was wearing a shirt that read I voted for Newt Gingrich lol.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Doh, you went to a chicken place and did not order chicken!

Which is what happens to me when I go to KFC.

Supp!

I just walked into Chicken Shack and ordered a side of cole slaw to go and walked out.  Judging from the weirded out looks I got, you would have thought I was wearing a shirt that read I voted for Newt Gingrich lol.

Damaris

YAYpril - B-Plus

Doh, you went to a chicken place and did not order chicken!

Which is what happens to me when I go to KFC.

Except KFC is not real chicken Big grin