Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: All-Star Week Wrap Up (Read 46 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Maybe it's just in comparison to the old guy next to him?

Haha.

Damaris

LRB

Yep.  My connecting flight was canceled and so I was stuck in Romulus.  Not exactly a tourist destination, it didn't seem.

Nope, people go there to fly or work at the airport, that's it.  lol

Yep.  My connecting flight was canceled and so I was stuck in Romulus.  Not exactly a tourist destination, it didn't seem.

No it is not. Nor a destination for locals, for that matter.

Dave

Hip Redux

Does this Oski actually exist? I need proof. Reminds me of the wizard of oz.

I'm really just a 19 year old pimply-faced kid who lives in his parent's basement.    Sorry.  Sad

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No it is not. Nor a destination for locals, for that matter.

Why would people even fly there?

Damaris

Why would people even fly there?

Because they have an airport.

Dave

B-Plus

I'm really just a 19 year old pimply-faced kid who lives in his parent's basement.    Sorry.  Sad

What I really want to know is if you showed up for dinner in your mascot costume 

Hip Redux

What I really want to know is if you showed up for dinner in your mascot costume 

How else was Dave going to recognize me??

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

That sounds about right for your level of skill.  24 weeks right?

Yessir.

Counting back clips the first 3 weeks off, no whoop - low and easy stuff. The next few weeks are just building mileage.  I get into some meat at week 7,    (5 x (4 min @ 5k pace +3 min easy))  around 8 miles.

That is how running by HR feels at the beginning. It will get better (and faster) soon.

It is a trip to slow down when my HR touches 150...    pffft     I'm barely doing anything at that HR.

LRB

Counting back clips the first 3 weeks off, no whoop - low and easy stuff. The next few weeks are just building mileage.  I get into some meat at week 7,    (5 x (4 min @ 5k pace +3 min easy))  around 8 miles.

I did the Daniels 24 week 5k plan, it's really not that bad because you will be racing from time to time.  The days become weeks, become months and before you know it; it's all a distant memory.

Cyberic

Welcome aboard, Eric! You have the speed to BQ (sub-3:25 is I think what you will need?) in your first marathon, all you need now is to maintain that speed while you work at endurance. You have enough time for that between now and 2015. You'll do great, I'm sure.

If I ever win an award in running and I'm asked to give a speech, happylily will have to be in it. It could start like this:

"First of all I'd like to thank happylily for being my promoter and mentor on the RA B&B user group..."

happylily

If I ever win an award in running and I'm asked to give a speech, happylily will have to be in it. It could start like this:

"First of all I'd like to thank happylily for being my promoter and mentor on the RA B&B user group..."

LOL... And if you ever get sponsors, I expect a cut. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Maybe it's just in comparison to the old guy next to him?

It's probably that.    ( <-- I inserted a smiley )

<3